Custom rifle of choice

I think guarantees are pretty simple...if the gun can do it, that's all that is necessary. It shouldn't be too difficult to prove that in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. It isn't the builder's fault if the shooter can't live up to the gun's potential. With that being said, a gun with a 1/2 MOA guarantee sounds a lot better than a gun with a 1 MOA guarantee.

Again I agree, I can buy a $500 venture w/ a 1MOA guarantee. $500 won't even buy the stock this rig is coming with much less anything else.

i think a nice simple vanilla 338 rum with a brake and a nice trigger would be a pretty unbeatable on the shelf thing. Considering how many remington 338 rums you see on the shelf (none) i think I am not the only person who feels this way. even a nice hunter style stock would be good too cause some like one and not the other. 26" tube 10 twist extended magazine box for the longer bullets. weighing in around 9-10lbs scoped would be pretty much perfect

I'll 2 nd that. And have it pre drilled and tapped for the 8×40 base screws or larger.
26" barrel and a brake like the Muscle Brake

dead. Most run 7mm Rem mags. The up side to a proprietary round like the 7mm Dakota is that it is somewhat rare said:
Beings I'm a crf guy I have to deal with lots of stocks not being available . I didn't have any complaints about my 338 RUM model 700 and I lived in the densest brown bear country in Alaska ! The 375/338 Lapua would be a good pic but the 375 RUM is great also.
If your rifles were also available in 6.5 Creedmoor 8" twist that would make a great pair of rifles.
With the barreled action Melonited that would be a custom feature that would tempt my to get one. Also. And this is just an idea but if you had a standard and a heavy barrel option. That way the folks that want an 8-9 lb all up rifle could get one and those like me that want a 12-14 lb rifle could easily get one. For crf guys there has to be a good reason to get a M700 based rifle. Melonited and a heavy barrel option would do it for me. gun)

I like the 375 RUM, its a stomper!! Cool thing about that caliber is the wide selection of bullet weights available. So is it worth it to guys to have load development done and just work it into the price or let everyone do that themselves? And you guys are spot on about the "Accuracy Guarantee", There are way too many variables from the load to the shooter as well as most our rifles are not set up to shoot factory ammo, so there is another thing to consider. With the exception of 6.5 creedmoor, that ammo rocks!
Chris
Benchmark

I would say 7mmRUM or 300RUM both with 26"+ rem varmint barrels with brakes.
That way you can down load for when your hunting down south and use max loads when you go after bigger game or at longer ranges.

I like the 375 RUM, its a stomper!! Cool thing about that caliber is the wide selection of bullet weights available. So is it worth it to guys to have load development done and just work it into the price or let everyone do that themselves? And you guys are spot on about the "Accuracy Guarantee", There are way too many variables from the load to the shooter as well as most our rifles are not set up to shoot factory ammo, so there is another thing to consider. With the exception of 6.5 creedmoor, that ammo rocks!
Chris
Benchmark

Personally I enjoy the load development process. But I could see that some guys would like that done themselves. Maybe have an option to have the load development done for an extra charge?

And about the accuracy gaurantee, it really is meaningless. Especially because the guns you guys (gunsmiths) are building are literally shooting ragged hole groups. My experience has been between 1/4 to 3/8 moa. Don't need any gaurantee. It's the consistent performance of the rifles you build, rifle after rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.