copper removal

I have had the same problem with my .300wm Rem sps. I then used the Gun Slick bore foam, cleaned with patches, and then used again and all the visible copper that I kept seeing at the end of the barrel came right out. I have been using the Rem core lokts 180grns. I would have to argue with the opinions of the accuracy of these rifles as I have had no problem knocking down 2 liter pop jugs at 450yrds with a small Nikon prostaff 3x-9x 40mm scope. If you guys don't like these rifles and are disspointed with them please send them to me i'll give them a good home:D, heck i'll pay the shipping.

I would never say we didn't like them. Hell they are probably the best selling rifle in history. I have one, it's a 270 bdl sitting in my armory and it is great and will hit a two liter jug at 450 yrds every time but in factory configuration can't compete with the factory barreled savage right next to it that will hold 1.25" at 450 yrds. Not bad by any means and with some tuning and a match barrel the 700s do make some of the most accurate rifles on earth. But the modern remington compared to the modern savage for out of the box accuracy will typically go to the savage.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.