Copper removal

the blur

I never did copper removal before. Had various brands on the shelf for years.

I tried shooters choice, no smell, didn't do anything.
Then
I tried Tetra and it smells and works. Got a few blue patches from my stainless barrel.

Not sure why 1 is better than the other, maybe age, but both are plenty old...

I'd recommend getting a Teslong borescope first. They're less than $100 and will keep you from guessing when cleaning your barrel. I use and recommend Thorroclean from Bullet Central. It's a two part cleaner that's fast, easy, and doesn't stink. All you need is some patches and a nylon brush. I also use a bronze brush with the Thorroflush, but you must use a nylon brush or tight fitting patch with Thorroclean as it contains a mild abrasive. I've tried most products available and this stuff works the best overall for me.

I've tried a lot of different products over the years. I was sold on Wipe-Out for a while but determined that BoreTech Eliminator would reveal copper that the Wipe-Out did not. Even the Wipe-Out Excellerator didn't match the BT Eliminator for effectively removing copper residuals.
I also use their CU+2 for tough copper deposits and use their carbon remover when needed. All of their products seem to work very well and they don't stink the house out. They are also safe to leave in the bore overnight or longer.

I'd recommend getting a Teslong borescope first. They're less than $100 and will keep you from guessing when cleaning your barrel. I use and recommend Thorroclean from Bullet Central. It's a two part cleaner that's fast, easy, and doesn't stink. All you need is some patches and a nylon brush. I also use a bronze brush with the Thorroflush, but you must use a nylon brush or tight fitting patch with Thorroclean as it contains a mild abrasive. I've tried most products available and this stuff works the best overall for me.
When I deplete my current cleaning solvents, I am going to give Thorroclean a try. See nothing but good reports so far.

Boretech CU-2 has been my go to for copper, especially in my premium barrels. Pair that with a quality jag set that will not react to the CU-2 and no false positives from the jags. I would also recommend the Teslong borescope but sounds like the price has gone way up since I bought mine. Best of luck, Jason