Copper Bullets for hunting in a .338 Lapua Mag

vcinri

What copper bullet would give me the best performance on medium sized game(deer/hog) out of a .338 Lapua?
I am hoping for rapid expansion at all ranges where the bullets energy is utilized and does not just zip through.
Thanks.

If you do a search you'll see all kinds of info on Hammer Hunters and cutting edge Lazers.
That's where I'd start

Depends on the range really.
I'm a huge fan of the hammers. Either the hammer hunter for longer range or the sledgehammer for close 600 and under shots.
I've also had good luck with the laser from cutting edge but they don't dump as much energy as the hammers in my opinion.
Best bet is to determine what your most common range will be. Then give Steve at hammer a call and see what he says. I'm actually gonna be loading some 178gr .338 sledge hammers in my lapua improved for pigs and deer soon.

I ordered some 225 gr. Barnes TTSX BT and 250 gr. Berger elite hunter to start experimenting with.
I have been reading some good reports on Hammer, I am going to try them as well.
My shots are usually under 600 yds.
Thanks for the reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.