Cooper ... What do you all think of Cooper Varmint Rifles??

superlite17

Gotten tons of info on Varmint guns and a gentleman threw a wrench in my plans by suggesting a Cooper which I have never heard of. And, can find VERY LITTLE about... But what I HAVE found has been pretty great!

What do you all think? Rod

Rod,

I have 6 of them and love 'em. All are in sub calibers though, 17's, 19's and 20's. Had a problem with one in a 17 Mach IV that Cooper worked with me on for several months and finally ended up changing calibers to a TAC 20. Other than that they have all been sub 1/2" guns out of the box.

Tim

I just love my Cooper 22ppc, they really know how to build a beautiful, accurate firearm. As for the company, if I was a rich man, I would buy Cooper arms. Thats how much I like them.

I have a cooper in a 220 swift one of the best over the counter rifle i have use. I think you cant hardly go wrong with one .I wish my pocket book could stand it so i could buy a few more of them . All the ones i have seen have been shooters .I would recommened one of them highly. You may bet one with a custom buildt rifle but not to sure of that.

I have an M21 in a 204 and a Phoenix in a 22-250. Load deveopment was quite easy and painless for both rifles. Both have produced 100-yard groups of less than .3". I would recommend them to anyone.

I have a phoenix in a 6.5x284 and it will shoot in the .1-.2 easily if you do you're part at 100yrds. I dont know what I do wrong but it blows up to a just less than 1inch group at 200yrds. not bad though and could probably be better with a better shooter. I would buy another one for sure. only down fall is that it is a single shot. not a big deal if you are punching squirles but it sucks for a brush gun for whitetails. It was all I had at the time.

I recently added a Cooper to my very limited gun count and love it. M52 6.5x284, 24"stainless fluted Barrel, 1in 9 twist, long action. Their web page is limited, but does show all the models and up grade prices. It was by far the easiest rifle I have ever zeroed in. I don't believe you'll be disappointed with one of your own.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.