Cooper ... What do you all think of Cooper Varmint Rifles??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by superlite17, Apr 29, 2007.

1. superlite17

superlite17 Well-Known Member

Gotten tons of info on Varmint guns and a gentleman threw a wrench in my plans by suggesting a Cooper which I have never heard of. And, can find VERY LITTLE about... But what I HAVE found has been pretty great!

What do you all think? Rod

2. trcuda

trcuda Member

Rod,

I have 6 of them and love 'em. All are in sub calibers though, 17's, 19's and 20's. Had a problem with one in a 17 Mach IV that Cooper worked with me on for several months and finally ended up changing calibers to a TAC 20. Other than that they have all been sub 1/2" guns out of the box.

Tim

3. Flybuster

Flybuster Well-Known Member

I just love my Cooper 22ppc, they really know how to build a beautiful, accurate firearm. As for the company, if I was a rich man, I would buy Cooper arms. Thats how much I like them.

4. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

I have a M22 Varminter in 6mmBR, Superb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    If you have not already been there: http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

Ian.

PS. I hope i was not the gentleman who threw the spanner into the works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. herman

herman Member

I have a cooper in a 220 swift one of the best over the counter rifle i have use. I think you cant hardly go wrong with one .I wish my pocket book could stand it so i could buy a few more of them . All the ones i have seen have been shooters .I would recommened one of them highly. You may bet one with a custom buildt rifle but not to sure of that.

6. Roscoe P

Roscoe P New Member

I have an M21 in a 204 and a Phoenix in a 22-250. Load deveopment was quite easy and painless for both rifles. Both have produced 100-yard groups of less than .3". I would recommend them to anyone.

7. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I have a phoenix in a 6.5x284 and it will shoot in the .1-.2 easily if you do you're part at 100yrds. I dont know what I do wrong but it blows up to a just less than 1inch group at 200yrds. not bad though and could probably be better with a better shooter. I would buy another one for sure. only down fall is that it is a single shot. not a big deal if you are punching squirles but it sucks for a brush gun for whitetails. It was all I had at the time.

8. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

9. B-RAD

B-RAD Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  10. craigf

craigf Well-Known Member

I recently added a Cooper to my very limited gun count and love it. M52 6.5x284, 24"stainless fluted Barrel, 1in 9 twist, long action. Their web page is limited, but does show all the models and up grade prices. It was by far the easiest rifle I have ever zeroed in. I don't believe you'll be disappointed with one of your own.

11. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

M21 in 223
    +1 with flybuster

Coopers are easy as it gets

12. llklein

llklein Member

i have a 204 phoenix,hated cutting the check and smile every time i pull the trigger:D.worth every penny