cooper 260 rem

For Christmas, I was given (THANKS MOM!) a Cooper 54 Excalibur in .260 Remington. It has the red/black splatter pattern B&C stock and is black Cerakoted (again...thanks mom!). It's getting an IOR Valdada 3-18x42 scope mounted as I type this. I promise to post pics as soon. If it shoots half as good as it looks, it will make me appear a much better marksman than I am or the military said I used to be.
Got a box of HSM rounds with 140gr berger VLDs
Got Cor Bons with 2 different grain scenar pills
Got some rounds with 142ge SMKs
I dropped big bucks on Monolithic Ammunitions products:
2 boxes of rounds loaded with 130gr Norma Diamondline match pills
3 boxes loaded with custom GS 109gr SP match pills
100 rounds loaded with GS HV 95gr BTHP hunting rounds
And lat I have 2 boxes of Norma 100gr ballistic tip rounds
I bought 2 boxes of Remington 140gr Core-Loct to break it it (those were the cheapest rounds I've found)
Southwest Ammo will reload (only 142 smks available at this time) for $.70/round

One short break-in session and a little playing with scope adjustments and I'll be ready for the 800 yard range.
Again, thanks to a cool mom who looks at an old fart and still sees a little kid.

For Christmas, I was given (THANKS MOM!) a Cooper 54 Excalibur in .260 Remington. It has the red/black splatter pattern B&C stock and is black Cerakoted (again...thanks mom!). It's getting an IOR Valdada 3-18x42 scope mounted as I type this. I promise to post pics as soon. If it shoots half as good as it looks, it will make me appear a much better marksman than I am or the military said I used to be.
Got a box of HSM rounds with 140gr berger VLDs
Got Cor Bons with 2 different grain scenar pills
Got some rounds with 142ge SMKs
I dropped big bucks on Monolithic Ammunitions products:
2 boxes of rounds loaded with 130gr Norma Diamondline match pills
3 boxes loaded with custom GS 109gr SP match pills
100 rounds loaded with GS HV 95gr BTHP hunting rounds
And lat I have 2 boxes of Norma 100gr ballistic tip rounds
I bought 2 boxes of Remington 140gr Core-Loct to break it it (those were the cheapest rounds I've found)
Southwest Ammo will reload (only 142 smks available at this time) for $.70/round

One short break-in session and a little playing with scope adjustments and I'll be ready for the 800 yard range.
Again, thanks to a cool mom who looks at an old fart and still sees a little kid.

Cant wait to see pics...:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.