260. rem.

targetbuster

I was wondering what you guys thought of the 260. remington. Would it be a good choice for an all around bullet? (Varmints, targets, and deer.) I am considering the tikka t3 varmint stainless. I've been looking at the 7mm-08 and it seems to be a good all around caliber. I also considered the 308win. because it is pretty much mastered. The tikka has to be special ordered in the 7mm-08 so I'm not sure weither I can get one or not. Information would be greatly appreciated.

In God I Trust!

Personally I love the .260. My little brother has one, and man is it accurate. Bullet selection is adequate. It will easily cover all of your needs, from varmint to deer. Bullet selection is pretty much as wide as the 7-08 if you reload. Anything from 85 grainers to 160's. My personal favorites are any of the target 140 grain bullets. The only drawback I see with this gun, is if you can only shoot factory ammo, there is a limited selection of ammo manufacturers (Federal and Remington) so thats always something to keep in mind.

I am with 7 ultra on this one. The 260 is very underated and overlooked.

HOWEVER if you aren't into reloading don't bother with the 260. You won't get the performance out of it if it is not reloaded. I would opt for the 308 instead of the 7-08 because of the bullet selection in .30 cal. you can go from 110-240grains and the 308 is a proven tack driver. You can look on about any message forum for .308 and get loads that will work in every manufactured rifle out there.

Gawd, I can't help it
grin.gif

Sediment \Sed"i*ment\, n. [F. s['e]diment, L. sedimentum a
settling, fr. sedere to sit, to settle. See Sit.]
1. The matter which subsides to the bottom, frrom water or
any other liquid; settlings; lees; dregs.

2. (Geol.) The material of which sedimentary rocks are
formed.

In all fairness, I know what you mean, just funnin' ya.

Monte

BTW, I love the .260 Remington aka 6.5-08 as well.

Hey Guys
Thanks for the information. I plan on getting a reloading outfit but it may be a while. Therefore I will get a 308win. because of the amount of factory ammo that I can get for it. I also like the 308 because of its reputation as a accurate caliber.Once again, thanks for the info.

In God I Trust!

grin.gif
what is this dictionaryforum.com
grin.gif

Give a college student a break. I guess I have to learn something while I am here

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.