Consistent 3 inch 1000 yard groups

Tyler,

There are several new 375 bullets in the works right now. The ones I am going to be using will be lead core designs, not solids so they will be very bore diameter friendly. Most will be from Wildcat Bullets in conventional ULD RBBT and AT RBBT designs when those get available. Bullet weights will be in the 350 go 400 gr range.

Kirby Allen(50)

Bwaites,

Watched that video of the 50 BMG. After seeing it, I have to think that the load they shot was either one of the mild surplus military loads with a 647 gr class ball projectile or a mild handload. The reason, a braked LAR Grizzly will put you back about twice as far and hard with one of my handloads shooting the 750 gr A-Max at 2700 fps.

I have since sold that rifle and built my own on an AR-50 receiver in my 510 AM chambering which is a ***** cat to shoot but its also a 38 lb rifle with a 5" long 5 port muzzle brake that I machined for it.

To shoot any 50 BMG without a brake is well, stupid. The reaction of the "kids" shooting the rifle tells alot. Thrill seakers and thats about it.

Kirby Allen(50)

Steve

Your posts above rank near the top in significance to this site!

Thanks.

Len,
Your welcome. I just hope that people don't think I try to push the competition angle. It is not my intent. Some guys love it and some just simply don't care for it. Either is fine with me.

But it is something I enjoy doing during the off season. And I have been around it for a "few" years now. More like, longer than half of my life. But when I see a discussion that I think I can give a different perspective on based on data or experience from the competition game I try to respond and help when I can.

Long range hunting and long range competition are 2 different "games" that use different thought processes. But there is some data from the competition game that definitely can cross-over. And some that can't also. I try to keep that perspective when replying.

And the bottom-line.... I just like to talk about accurate rifles and shooting.

Boy, your site sure has grown from the small group of guys we had back in 2001 when you ventured off into this project. Thanks to you on that. And keep the pictures coming!!

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.