Columbus Sportsman's Association Election

Terry Balding

Dear CSA Members

I am writing you today to announce my candidacy for President of Columbus Sportsman's Association.

There are two principals all Officers and Board members should agree to. The first is that we serve you. And as your servants we should place your best interest first always. This means if we have a conflict of interest we must disclose that conflict, and refrain from voting in our personal interest, and against the common interest of the members. The second is to treat all members as they would want to be treated. This means that no individual, or group of individuals should be treated poorly or discriminated against. Fragmentation of a club into groups that dislike or stand against each other harms the club and should be avoided.

I pledge to uphold these two principals in my continued service to you.

As your President, I would call for two membership committees to be formed. The first to access our current dues/fee structure. A number of members have complained to me about the current structure. The second to review our current bylaws. Some argue that members have no right to vote in membership meetings. I want you the members to clarify this and any other areas that are not clear.

Please contact me if I can be of service.

Sincerely,

Terry Balding, Treasurer

PS: Gray Giesfeldt has agreed to run as Treasurer.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.