Cold Bore Challenge

That depends on the size of the game... lol

NO wind 7-800 ish

With wind like I have been shooting in. 4-500 ish

What do you think after watching all 11 days? and be honest. :D

I think your spot on maybe even a little farther, your shooting at a 6 inch target, bump that up to vital sized 10" plus and your hits will increase. Most of your misses are close. Or get a dopler radar enabled burris eliminator that reads wind conditions for you, anywhere from shooting position to target and they must have added a vectronix rangefinder when nobody was lookin that actually ranges beyond 500 yards. with that my friend first round hits at any range if you have a barrel stretcher on??? yeah right. Sorry thats a hard one to let go. I appologize this is a serious post and your inspiring a excellent shooting challenge, you have skills and you aren't afraid to show them in any conditions, anyone serious about long range hunting should be shooting this. I wish I had a camcorder that wasn't from the 80's. So while I'm shooting this I will make no claims as I can't prove anything at the moment. My phone contract is up soon maybe I can get an iphone and adapter to work decent. Thanks ClayneB

I think you are doing what everyone should be doing, learning limitations. All rifles, unless you have some sort of rifle never released to the public is going to have a limit in WIND. Elevation is easier and with todays programs quite simple to dial. Wind is easy, IF it is a steady wind from shooter to target.
Shoot over various terrain features in changing wind conditions and the game changes.

I applaud you for doing this and putting it on the forum, misreads, all of it. Very few people can actually put their money where their mouth is and you are doing it.

I have been doing the same thing for the past several months, just not videoing the results, until now. For me, the limits are identified regarding wind, wind reads, and terrain features.

So honestly, good work. Even the pro's, no matter the sport, will admit they have hurdles to jump. Those who don't are liars.

I was thinking about doing this, but I have a Burris E3 on my rifle so I guess I would learn nothing and it would be to easy for me.

Ok so it doesn't actually read the wind. You still need to do that and then the scope just tells you how many dots to hold for what the wind is actually blowing.

Last edited:
I think he was joking. Better be. The scope is cool for sure, but it has many limitations. You don't have to DOPE the scope like a traditional set up, but it is no magic pill by any means.

BTW- if you happen to head to Boise this summer let me know.

Eliminator III - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics

Yes I was being sarcastic. I just read the posts Clayne and whatever his name from Idaho was and they make it sound like the E3 shoots the rifle for you. I think it's a pretty sweet set up and it has it's limitations just like any other scope and rangefinder.

how does it pull the trigger :D

haha.

It has a special meter that knows when the wind is just right downrange. You have to click your heels together to tell it when you want to hurry up and shoot. Its the only way to go at long range....

Yeah I don't think I would of got it if I didn't get it for $950. I figured at $950 I would be paying more for a decent scope and a rangefinder. So far I am happy with it. I think it will be great for hunting purposes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.