Cody, Wyoming - Shooting & Hunting Buddy

Hello,

I am new to Cody, Wyoming. I went elk hunting in unit 51-1 in October 2023. I got my *** handed to me and there's a lot I need to learn. I am still young and have more hunts in my future.

I want to make some friends and be a part of the community here in my area. I love my 300 Norma and other 338 magnum cartridges. Any suggestions on clubs or organizations to meet like minded people, please let me know. And if you would like to make a friend, message me and we can meet up.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am new to Cody, Wyoming. I went elk hunting in unit 51-1 in October 2023. I got my *** handed to me and there's a lot I need to learn. I am still young and have more hunts in my future.

I want to make some friends and be a part of the community here. I love my 300 Norma and other 338 magnum cartridges. Any suggestions on clubs or organizations to meet like minded people, please let me know. And if you would like to make a friend, message me and we can meet up.

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee, i've got several antelope and deer points. Maybe we can do a hunt someday?

I am open to that. I didn't get drawn for any antelope or deer in 2023. I will try again in 2024. Saw plenty of doe, while elk hunting of course.
Elk is always been on my bucket list of course just didn't know if I could swing it,haven't been after antelope in couple years. I've just been buying points. Would like to get a mule deer next.

Elk is always been on my bucket list of course just didn't know if I could swing it,haven't been after antelope in couple years. I've just been buying points. Would like to get a mule deer next.
Elk hunting in western Wyoming is horseback reliant. Deer hunting is less reliant on horses and can be done with a two man team easily.

Let me know what floats your hunt.