Co-Ax press and Redding Comp Dies??

kfrye

Just wondering if I am correct in that I can't use Redding Competition Dies in a Co-Ax press for a 338 RUM because of the dies being too tall? I need to play with the OAL, but I would like to have enough room to seat tight against the lands and start backing off from there (aside from grinding in inside of the handle).

Last edited:
The Co-Ax press's handle was redesigned a couple of years back to provide clearance. If you have an older press, Forster can supply the newer handle.

Ran into the same problem with my Redding comp. dies. I did not know the Co-Ax handle was redesigned. I will email them tonight.

dm

If you look at the current manual (downloadable from Forster's website) it mentions the current implementation as the B-3 or B-2 variant... and from what I gather the primary change was making the yoke of the handle longer. It should clear most dies (Redding or otherwise).

Of course the other option is to get a Forster Ultra BR seater... I have to admit, the things are growin' on me now that I have a Co-Ax ;)

Monte

I recently bought the Forster Ultra Micrometer die for my .06 and was disappointed. Turns out that it had the old seating stem in it. They mailed me a new one and I received it the next day. Big difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.