Forester co ax press

Lenwood901

is this press worth it. i have the old rock chucker but have a o ring on my shell holder and under my dies and is working good but this press says it easier to use and would be nice if thats true to size brass

The Co-Ax and Mec Marksman produce very low run out. I bought the Marksman and have no regrets.

I have a coax and like the floating shell holder, the floating die on the other hand, not so much. You're relying on the collar to be threaded and machined perfectly to have true to the case coming up. I'm personally thinking about swapping to a MEC marksman.

It is no harder for a manufacturer to precision machine the collars than the rest of the press. As Forster recommends, use the collars they make to use with that press. I have been using one since 2013 for rifle and pistol and have no run out issues.

is this press worth it. i have the old rock chucker but have a o ring on my shell holder and under my dies and is working good but this press says it easier to use and would be nice if thats true to size brass
I have four reloading presses and since I got my COAX last year I have not touched the other 3 and probably never will again. My run out is sub .001 and changing dies is fast and simple. I also love not having to screw with shell holders anymore. I have mine on an inline fabrication stand and can take it to the range with me and use two C-clamps to hold it to the bench.

@KyCarl - Serious question. Other than Erik Cortina, who else that's shoots small holes for a living uses the Co-Ax? Thanks

OP, the co-ax is a very nice piece of equipment. My reloading practices require a standard press for sizing and I use an KM Arbor press for seating. What about your resizing process are you looking to make easier??

I don't own or use a Forster Co-AX press, but like you, have heard they are very very good presses. But like what other press manufacturers push as a grand feature, is the idea of a "floating" shell holder. What many are unaware of, is that you can take just about any single stage press, remove the cotter lock pin that holds the shell holder in place, and replace the cotter pin with a rubber gourmet "O" ring that can be bought in varying sizes at you local hardware store in the toilet repair section. With the "O" ring, it holds the shell holder in place, while allowing it to "float" or slightly move and act as a self centering device. I say that not to knock or speak badly of the Forster Co-Ax. But only to advise others using a single stage press that they can very CHEAPLY covert their press to add a "floating" shell holder feature to their present press. That "floating"feature alone produces better concentricity in the casings they resize. Personally, I used two Harrell presses and a Redding Big Boss that I've put "O" rings on the shell holders and all three produce excellent concentricity/runout when the die is true as well. Eve the best of presses can't help runout when the die used is bad.

Good luck and have fun with that new Forester if you decide to buy. I don't believe you can go wrong if you buy one. Others have proven they are a good press.

It's nice, I use mine to seat bullets.
I use my Rockchucker for sizing and priming.
I do the same except I size with a Redding big boss. The coax is a great press simply for the connivence factors it offers! No she'll holders, quick change die setup. If your looking for making more accurate ammo than your rock chucker imho your prolly won't notice a difference. The ol' rock chucker is in more reloading rooms than any other press and I would bet money on that one.
7EBFD953-2E69-47DF-9A95-585BFF4A6D8D.jpeg