Co-Ax press and Redding Comp Dies??

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by kfrye, Jun 17, 2008.

1. kfrye

kfrye Well-Known Member

Just wondering if I am correct in that I can't use Redding Competition Dies in a Co-Ax press for a 338 RUM because of the dies being too tall? I need to play with the OAL, but I would like to have enough room to seat tight against the lands and start backing off from there (aside from grinding in inside of the handle).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. Winchester 69

Winchester 69 Well-Known Member

The Co-Ax press's handle was redesigned a couple of years back to provide clearance. If you have an older press, Forster can supply the newer handle.

3. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Ran into the same problem with my Redding comp. dies. I did not know the Co-Ax handle was redesigned. I will email them tonight.

dm

4. milanuk

milanuk Well-Known Member

If you look at the current manual (downloadable from Forster's website) it mentions the current implementation as the B-3 or B-2 variant... and from what I gather the primary change was making the yoke of the handle longer. It should clear most dies (Redding or otherwise).

Of course the other option is to get a Forster Ultra BR seater... I have to admit, the things are growin' on me now that I have a Co-Ax ;)

Monte

5. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

I recently bought the Forster Ultra Micrometer die for my .06 and was disappointed. Turns out that it had the old seating stem in it. They mailed me a new one and I received it the next day. Big difference.