Clothes for coyote hunting

I was looking for sheds this week and carried my mouth calls and 22 mag called one to 35 yards and shot him wearing a grey t shirt and blue jeans. (urban camo):D

What type of clothes do you use for hunting?
I 'm finding one needs alot of different camos to match . Green looks white to coyotes. Lite / medium colors are better than dark. Preditor xtreme had 3 part article about coyote vision, very interesting. I bought a piece of brown leaf camo material for $15 and use it ponch style as a gillie. Go cheap and get more for any situation. lightbulb

Last edited:
I was guille suits, of which I have three. One Woodland, Desert and Snow to work in all the different season that I hunt. I have also found that using the matching ghille rifle wrap helps complete the total camo package. As for price, if you buy a kit with additional colors of string you can customize your suit to fit your specific area. They are fun to make and can also give you something to do when you are unable to hunt.gun)

I'm with Varminthunter on this one. The ghillie allows me to wear whatever keeps me warm underneath. When you put the ghillie on you almost disappear.

Although, I have killed my share of coyotes in just my Carhartt's and a plain coat.

What ever works , keep it cheap, match the hatch. Thats all you can do. It doesn't have to be store bought - coyotes don't shop at Cabelas- hunters do.

Last edited:
I bought all kinds of camo trying to kill more coyote and what I came up with was choosing your stands better makes the difference. I just wear jeans and a sagebrush colered jacket with a ball cap, I always set in front of cover, it breaks up your outline and allows you to see with minimum movement. Hand calling is a little harder but I try to cast the sound to the side, electronic call is easier, I have had coyotes run past me standing up at 30yrds cause there travel lane was open and clear, they didn't look over to the side under the sage brush, game over!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.