Cleaning Cases For Long Term Storage

No more long term storrage for me.

Federal 223 brass from 1997
Ammo fired when new. Wiped clean with a towel. Reloaded and stored since 1997. IMR4198-20.5grs Win 55 gr fmjbt . Was in metal 30 cal GI ammo can .
index.php

You'll be farther ahead not tumbling especially wet tumbling at all. I wish I would of learned this before I bought the Thumblers tumbler but I didn't. Leaving the carbon in the neck is a big aid in getting consistent bullet release wich means low ES.

Just brush inside of neck with a stiff nylon brush spin outside of case a few turns in ultra fine steel wool and clean primer pockets with a primer pocket uniformer. Then size, store, load or whatever you have in mind with them.

Powdered graphite is nothing more than finely ground carbon and the carbon can be replaced by dipping the case neck in Imperial dry neck lube.

CH3epH9.jpg

I have some new, in the original factory 20 count boxes, Remington 280 brass that has been on the shelf in my shop since about 1992. I didn't do anything to it and it still looks like new. Are they treated with something when they are manufactured?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.