Christianson arms or Sako

I went today and looked at the Sako A7 long range and was just about to buy when I noticed it has metric threads instead of 5/8x24. Then I looked at the Christianson Ridgeline , it felt nice but they didn't have a 6.5 in it. I was going to do some trading with my 25-06 Sendero towards the Sako but then the thought hit me, why don't I put a barrel on my Sendero. I was kinda thinking 6.5-06 . Any other good 6.5 calibers that would be ok in my long action and bolt face?

6.5-06 is great

6.5x55 Swede if you don't want a wild cat
Lapua makes brass for it (always a plus). You can load way over posted loads for it. They're all conservative for old military rifles.

It's between a 6.5 creedmoor and a 6.5-06. Depending on your rifle, closer to one than the other.

A 6.5x284 should work too. I'd go this route. Lapua brass here too.

Last edited:
I found another option today. It's a Browning X-Bolt Eclipse Target in 6.5 creedmoor . It's stainless fluted with a muzzlebrake and laminated thumb hole stock. It's a beautiful rifle but I'm not sure about the trigger or accuracy. Anybody shot one?

If ur after accuracy, having a good smith rebarrel ur action with a good barrel is the way to go.

That's the problem around here, not many good rifle builders. The couple that are here would probably take a long time and I'm one of those impatient people! I've got other rifles to hunt with, I'm just wanting something new and I've got an extra scope laying around

I was dead set on a Sako A7 25/06 but I'm thinking about something different . After a day at the range with my Tikka CTRs in 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 I think I'm going to stay with something in 6.5. I found a Sako A7 Long Range and a Christianson Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor and I also found a Browning Hells Canyon X-Bolt in .26 nosler. Which is going to be the most accurate out of the box without doing any work to it? I'm thinking of replacing a 25/06 Sendero due to lack of bullet selections in .25 cal.

What are you wanting to accomplish that the CTRs will not?

I figure I'm losing a good bit of velocity with the 20" CTR. I really think I'm just going through a "I want another rifle" phase.

I think you could get a Tikka and replace the stock for cheaper than the Sako. I would look at the CA Mesa as well.

I saw a Mesa long range on the rack but didn't handle it, it looked nice though. The regular Mesa felt nice but I want something a little heavier . How do they shoot? I've read mixed reviews of Christensen arms quality

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts