Christianson arms or Sako

guru

I was dead set on a Sako A7 25/06 but I'm thinking about something different . After a day at the range with my Tikka CTRs in 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 I think I'm going to stay with something in 6.5. I found a Sako A7 Long Range and a Christianson Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor and I also found a Browning Hells Canyon X-Bolt in .26 nosler. Which is going to be the most accurate out of the box without doing any work to it? I'm thinking of replacing a 25/06 Sendero due to lack of bullet selections in .25 cal.

I have the sako a7 range in 6.5, awesome, tunes the trigger to 1.75lbs, shoots submoa with American gunner factory loads, haven't done any load development yet. I have no experience with the other two, but I like my sako

I'm really leaning towards the Sako, the Tikkas and 30/06 Sako A7 all shoot really good. I was thinking of getting an A7 in 25/06 but after some thought about available .25 cal bullet selection I'm probably going to get a 6.5.

7FA40CCB-0B74-4740-9295-14C4B0B16E24.jpeg
I use a 257 wby so I understand ur pain at 257 cal bullet selection. I used my 257 to kill him yesterday. If I had a load made for my creedmoor I would've taken it.

Anybody have any experience with the accuracy of the Browning X bolt? I've had a few A bolts over the years and they didn't impress me much

I'm probably only going to be shooting about 500 yards. If I'm hunting where I've got a longer shot I have a .300 RUM for that

Easily has enough energy. More than a 257 wby at 500yds. That's why I stated had I had mine ready I would've taken it. Plus it'll be easier to be accurate with than a 26 nosler

How do you figure that?
Lower recoiling guns are easier to be accurate with and standard cartridges like the creed and 308 are easier to make accurate loads for then overbore cartridges like weatherbys and Noslers. Not saying you can't be accurate with them, my 257 is a .35moa gun, but it's easier to get a standard cartridge accurate and shoot it well.

How do you figure that?
Lower recoiling guns are easier to be accurate with and standard cartridges like the creed and 308 are easier to make accurate loads for then overbore cartridges like weatherbys and Noslers. Not saying you can't be accurate with them, my 257 is a .35moa gun, but it's easier to get a standard cartridge accurate and shoot it well.

I'd say the browning Xbolts are a great choice. 1st trip out, I had multiple reloads printing .75 to under an inch in my 6.5 creedmoor. Berger 140 Elite Hunters.

It's the Hells Canyon Speed addition. Fit and finish is very nice from the factory. I dropped it in a McMillan Game Scout stock. Not sure that the stock mattered. It shot factory ammo about the same in the factory stock & the McMillan. Never shot the reloads in the factory stock, so I can't give a scientific account of before & after.

Pictures are posted in the rifle classifieds of rifle & groups. I was thinking about selling but I think I've come to my senses.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.