Christianson arms or Sako

I've had a Savage 12LRP and a model 10 Predator , they shot good but I didn't like the triggers. I think I'm going to check on a 6.5 x284 barrel for my Sendero , I'm sure that will take a while and pickup either the Sako , the X-Bolt or maybe the Mesa Long range for something to play with for now in 6.5 Creedmoor

Well I went ahead and bought the Browning Eclipse target, it's supposed to be a Shot Show special. It's stainless , fluted with a 28" barrel. Hopefully it'll shoot ok, I'm not crazy about the trigger though. Now I need to find some scope mounts, I'm thinking about the Game Reaper one piece mount. I can't figure out which size I'll need , anybody know what I'll need to put a Leupold VX6 318x50 on it? 30mm medium?

The Browning didn't stay long, I just couldn't handle the trigger. It shot decent but I thought it should be better, maybe 2 1/4" @ 200 yards. I bought the Sako A7 long range that I should have gotten to start with. It shoots much better ,group size is half of what the Browning could produce with factory ammo

The Browning didn't stay long, I just couldn't handle the trigger. It shot decent but I thought it should be better, maybe 2 1/4" @ 200 yards. I bought the Sako A7 long range that I should have gotten to start with. It shoots much better ,group size is half of what the Browning could produce with factory ammo

Sometimes it's strange how things works out. Have fun with it!

Sorry you didn't like the Browning X-Bolt. I have 2 of them. The one in .308 was a bit hard to get where it needs to be, but with bullets seated long and finding the right node it is now very accurate. I usually like a mid-level, mid-velocity node but just a little under an inch is all it would shoot at that velocity. I kicked her up to a tad over 2700 fps with Sierra HPBT 165's and its right in the 1/2" area now. I was ready to get rid of the thing and it would have been my first and last Browning. The other Browning I have is the HC speed in 6.5. It shoots about everything MOA or better(factory loads) but does VLD Hunter reloads about 1/2".

Also the trigger is adjustable on the x-bolts. I like them ok. In the end all that matters is you are happy with the Sako. They can be great rifles for sure.

I have a Sako A7 in 7mm Rem Mag and it's a tack driver. Shoots sub-MOA with all the factory ammo I've tried with it, which makes me wonder why I'm even developing a load for it lol

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts