Christensen Arms Mesa

scarney19

I've been looking for a new rifle and I'm looking at the Christensen Arms Mesa. Primary use will be for elk hunting. Anyone here have any input......good or bad?

I have read, seen, and heard nothing but good things about them. I have the Ridgeline which I like and am also contemplating a Mesa. Got a couple others I need to find a good home for first. I too am interested to what the replies on this thread will be.

I'm interested in one myself in 28 Nosler or 300 win mag . I hope someone who has one that put some rounds through it replies .

I have one in 6.5 creedmoor it's very accurate!! It's light handles well fit and finish is perfect. You get a lot of rifle for the money. You wouldn't be able to buy the parts and put it together for what they sell for. My only gripe would be the small bolt knob it's kinda hard to get ahold of. I bought a bigger one and couldn't get the old one off so I left it in fear I would scratch up the old knob.

I have read, seen, and heard nothing but good things about them. I have the Ridgeline which I like and am also contemplating a Mesa. Got a couple others I need to find a good home for first. I too am interested to what the replies on this thread will be.
I have been interested in the MESA as well. I have heard "mostly" good things with the occasional bad thing (to be expected in all honesty, everyone makes a lemon). The one negative I have heard is the bedding they do is mediocre at best. Very thin. Enough to do it's job BUT if you take your action out of the stock repeatedly to clean then it could be a problem.

I'm considering the Mesa in 300 win mag or the weatherby mark v ultralight in 300 win mag . Any experiences with these rifles would be greatly appreciated. Especially from other hand loaders on there accuracies.

I'm considering the Mesa in 300 win mag or the weatherby mark v ultralight in 300 win mag . Any experiences with these rifles would be greatly appreciated. Especially from other hand loaders on there accuracies.
me personally would build a remage and for the price of the messa and build it the way you want and do it right and then you dont have to worry about a gunsmith and all of that wait and money

me personally would build a remage and for the price of the messa and build it the way you want and do it right and then you dont have to worry about a gunsmith and all of that wait and money
I've also considered that . So far only real down side I've saw on the Mesa is the mag box is short so you can't set bullies out far enough with Berger VLDs . But I've not owned one yet . I'd like to buy or build me a light weight 300 wm for elk hunting and deer hunting. I have a decent set up now that I will hand down to my son . It's a 7 mm colt ultralight rifle I bought in the 90s . I had issues with it but after a heavier firing pin spring and a trigger replacement to a jewel. It took some dlight stock mod yo get the trigger in . It's a really nice shooter for such a light rifle. I just finally can build or buy me a 300 to replace it . So trying do as much homework as I can before committing.

and yes i have done my homework
Have you built a light 300 win mag or similar rifle ? If so I'd like to hear how you done yours and what you would do differently. Caliber can be anything similar. Have you owned a Mesa or mark v ultralight. I have a mark v Accumark but with scope it's like 12 lbs . Trying to put my project on diet .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.