Check this out...

You just really never know who's sitting at the bench next to you. And I'd rather just shoot at private property at my own pace and around people I trust, than risk sitting next to some half-wit with a weapon and reloading equipment next to me.[/QUOTE]

There must be something going around. I always go as far away from others as I possibly can get. It astounds me as to how willing some folks are to risk my well being without my consent. I always ask, what are you shooting today and what load are you trying to shoot in that rifle, I have one at home I'm trying to get shooting well. If they can't answer either of those questions it's absolutely time to book it on out of there. They come out of the woodwork about this time of year and you won't see them again until next fall.

You just really never know who's sitting at the bench next to you. And I'd rather just shoot at private property at my own pace and around people I trust, than risk sitting next to some half-wit with a weapon and reloading equipment next to me.

There must be something going around. I always go as far away from others as I possibly can get. It astounds me as to how willing some folks are to risk my well being without my consent. I always ask, what are you shooting today and what load are you trying to shoot in that rifle, I have one at home I'm trying to get shooting well. If they can't answer either of those questions it's absolutely time to book it on out of there. They come out of the woodwork about this time of year and you won't see them again until next fall.[/QUOTE]

They're getting ready for deer season around here... Bow season comes in in October, and gun season comes in around mid-to-late November, so everyone starts prepping now.

Hah!

As I understand it - Purebred can be the byproduct of Inbred. :)

That's a matter of perception... You'll get one response from a professional dog breeder, and a different one from an Alaskan Eskimo, and Billy Bob and his sister-wife in the trailer down the road... :D:D:D

Watched a guy hold up an unfired round next to a fired one from his new shiny rifle. The 2 looked NOTHING ALIKE, asked him what his rifle was, said Weatherby 300 Magnum.
Pointed to the barrel, asked him if what it said there matched the ammo, he said, "Aren't all 30 magnums the same!"
Several people told him he had the wrong ammo, as did I, took no notice and fired ALL 20! Asked me if I wanted the brass after he fired off a box of 30-06 in another rifle.
Said he was good to go with both rifles sighted in!

I will never forget that, ever.
Also watched a guy shoot over 30 rounds through a 30-06 with not a single hole in the target. Upon looking at the rounds in his ammo box, he was shooting 25-06 rounds through his 30-06! He failed to look at a SINGLE spent case, just kept shooting!

Cheers.
gun)

A couple of years ago, a guy at the local range was dribbling 6.5mm bullets down range out of his 300WM. Guess he grabbed 264WM ammo on the way to the range...

He caught a load of hell from the range officer and was booted from the facillity.

IMG_20141005_162842_783.jpg

IMG_20141005_163011_006.jpg

They're getting ready for deer season around here... Bow season comes in in October, and gun season comes in around mid-to-late November, so everyone starts prepping now.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Rifle season is in November here. They are starting to trickle into the range with the rifles they haven't shot since missing or wounding Bambi last fall. My favorite is the guy that buys a new rig, has it bore-sighted and heads straight to the 600 yard firing line to get his drop data with the cheapest FMJ ammo they could find. They walk among us every day and sometimes they aren't easy to spot. I spend as much time as possible flying this time of year until it's time to start hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.