Check this guy on my game cam

Troutslayer2

I put a cam at one of my elk spots. I have never actually seen him in person but I have captured quite a few photos of him. Any guesses as to age/weight? He looks way bigger than the other bear that I am getting photos of. I've never really been all that interested in shooting a bear but he looks like he could make a good rug.
7225CD04-E020-4FA8-BC23-89CBFE90E881.png

Tough judging..."you make call"..
Should be a cub there if it's a female....beautiful colors...anf the soft haired bear hide makes for awesome pillows...get 5 or 6 out of that one...or two oversized...

from the camera angles it is hard to judge - the only part I can really see is the ears look average to large that being said a big bear the ears look small on their head. Sow or Boar no idea? Weight is hard to judge from views provided. Tentative guess on weight I would say at least 300lbs possibly a good bit more. Beautiful coloring tho.

The easiest weigh to check is on the scale and tape measure. Definitely if there are no cubs its a solid bear to take.

Good luck send us some pics when its hanging :)

From the pics I'd guess sow as well, that are a boar that's not fully mature. Snouts not very long...

Fall bears are always a bit deceptive as they're getting rounder and fuller, makes them appear a lot bigger. Or at least that's how I see it.

Bear can be really hard to judge. Look for ears to appear close to side of head, look for crease down front of head, big head , like a pumpkin, belly low, short legs, rocking walk, aggressive attitude, other bear running from the bear, be sure no cubs (may be a boar). Don't know hunt reg's where you are. Where I have hunted them we especially did not take a sow with cubs, because the boar's will kill the cubs. Also the boar were usually bigger. One thing of note that I will tell you from experience,the bear live always look bigger than when he gets put down. Has always seemed to me there was a lot of ground shrinkage with bear compared to other game. All the above is IMHO. Be well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.