'Chassis'/stock decision

archanfire

Hello all, I hope you are well. I currently have a Rem700 in a HS Precision stock, but looking to upgrade. I have narrowed my selection to the following:

1. Grayboe Ridgeback
2. Mdt xrs
3. Krg Bravo

They seem pretty similar to me and prices are close enough. I'm looking for any one who has experience with them. I was able to call KRG and get my questions answered about theirs. I tried calling the number on the MDT site, but it says it's an international number and I'm not set up for that(604-393-0800). The Grayboe seems straight forward, so no questions really on it.

Any input on the 3 mentioned will be deeply appreciated. I'm mainly concerned about durability/ruggedness, because well, feces occurs.

Thanks

While not the XRS, I have the MDT LSS Gen1 chassis on my 308 Howa 1500HB. If the XRS is built anything like the rest of their products I have used, it will be fine. Ruggedly built, attractive, and definitely does what they say it will. I purchased my rifle as a barreled action, so I have no "OE" stock experience to judge from on the platform, but I'm very happy with it. They seem to stand behind their product too.
B6FEF186-C6DA-42BA-8DF4-F16C41E6B805.jpeg

While not the XRS, I have the MDT LSS Gen1 chassis on my 308 Howa 1500HB. If the XRS is built anything like the rest of their products I have used, it will be fine. Ruggedly built, attractive, and definitely does what they say it will. I purchased my rifle as a barreled action, so I have no "OE" stock experience to judge from on the platform, but I'm very happy with it. They seem to stand behind their product too. View attachment 346698
Beautiful setup and thanks for the reply. I wish I could call them and get my questions answered, but may email instead. The inability to call a company and question their products is somewhat of a turn-off for me. Thanks again for the input and have a great rest of your weekend

If you give us a little more context as to what you are using the rifle for and what you want out of a chassis/stock, then we can help you narrow it down a bit better and give you more directed feedback.

If you give us a little more context as to what you are using the rifle for and what you want out of a chassis/stock, then we can help you narrow it down a bit better and give you more directed feedback.
Primarily directed to hunting applications. So I'm looking for one that has great reinforcement/durability since it will be subject to weather conditions, drops and being banged around. I don't go out of my way to be rough with my stuff, but i want it to be able to take it if something happens(why I put durability in my OP).

I chose the ridgeback for my 300 RUM build.
Resized_20210201_163000.jpeg

Resized_20210201_163053.jpeg

Resized_20210201_163129.jpeg

Resized_20210201_164144.jpeg

Never had a chassis until a week or so ago got XLR Atom chassis for Rem 700 pistol build.

It would depend on caliber for me vs weight you are looking for. I knew my Rum was going to be heavy(32" barrel). Atom is small chassis for pistol build or light weight back pack rifle.

I believe both have their place. I do like that mlok on ridgeback i got a Kinetic Development Group rail with sling swivel so i can move harris bipod between ridgeback and ARs with mlok.

I chose the ridgeback for my 300 RUM build.
View attachment 348993
View attachment 348994
View attachment 348995
View attachment 348996
Never had a chassis until a week or so ago got XLR Atom chassis for Rem 700 pistol build.

It would depend on caliber for me vs weight you are looking for. I knew my Rum was going to be heavy(32" barrel). Atom is small chassis for pistol build or light weight back pack rifle.

I believe both have their place. I do like that mlok on ridgeback i got a Kinetic Development Group rail with sling swivel so i can move harris bipod between ridgeback and ARs with mlok.
Nice. I wasn't aware there was a qd stud on the bottom of the shoulder piece, so thanks for the pic(s). I'm leaning towards the Ridgeback, but I'm going to try and call this week. I need to find out how the qd studs are molded into the stock(gonna ask if there's any kind of reinforcing in there to keep them from just popping out under stress). My current HS stock has traditional sling studs that don't have anything to anchor them in the stock per se.

Thanks again and have a good one!