Help with scope decision

jrhammo08sxt

With the soon (hopefully) release of the Savage 110 BA Stealth, I have decided that I am going to buy one in .338 Lapua. The specs on it are pretty amazing and the price is even better. Plus, comes with a factory blue-printed action and the accu-trigger in a composite chassis system that takes AR style hand grips and butt-stocks. Find me another gun with those options for under 2K in .338 Lapua...
Anyway, I'm researching scopes for this rig. Mainly target shooting from hill to hill (1500-1800 yds), some long range (750 yards or so for crop damage permits). Would like to have at leat 20x magnification. I'm looking at the following scopes and my budget for a scope is under $1400. Honest opinions appreciated. I have a Nightforce SHV 5-20 on my .308, Vortex HS-T 6-24 on my .300 win mag but it gets a bit fuzzy for my liking, Burris M-Tac 4.5-14 on my AR-10. To be honest, I am leaning toward the Burris XTR-II.
Following are the scopes in consideration:
Vortex 6-24x50 Viper PST

Burris 5-25x50 XTR II

Nightforce SHV 5-20

Sightron 6-24x50 SIII

Bushnell 4.5-30x50 Elite 6500

Vortex 5-20 Razor HD (would require a good deal)

Any other better suggestions? (I'm not into buying a US Optics scope for 3k+ even though they are a superior scope)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts