Cases?

Lahunter76

Not sure best place to post, but looking for suggestions on a gun case that has it that I can cut the foam out for a perfect fit. Rifle has a 28" barrel and a break.
Thanks for the help

Americase.com

Waxahachie,TX

They got a poor website and a great product.

Badazz aluminum cases with screw type soda machine locks. I've had one for twenty years. Baggage handlers and other miscreants cannot damage your rifle in an Americase.

I do have a few Pelicans and use 1 for handgun transport. Have not inspected their rifle cases but would be surprised if they are equal to my 20 yr old Americase.

Last edited:
The Apache case from Harbor Freight has the "Pick a Part" foam to customize the fit for any gun. I bought a few of them. They are heavy, but have handles on 3 sides and wheels on one end. Places for locks if you want to fly commercial with one. I have waited for the 20% off coupons and they are just over $100. I don't see a significant difference between these and the Pelican, but I have never owned one to give a true comparison. I do know they are more than sturdy enough for my needs

Was looking at the pelican 1750 case and it's inside length is 50", I am thinking my rifle will be like 48-49-50ish inches, McMillan adj Game Warden(13.5 LOP) Mark V action, 28" barrel and a Defensive Edge .875 break

The pelican 1770 case works,

Looked at the americase ones, I may have missed the ones where you can cut out to fit

Last edited:

D580FCBF-1AFE-41F7-B666-F1BD384F8137.jpeg

I am pro Pelican. However for my 338 Lapua (52 3/8") I went with the above. Reason being, the 1770 is a huge case. 8 lbs +/- heavier and about 250$ more. I have no complaints with the Plano. Have flown once, soon to be twice, with it.

[QUOTE="Lahunter76, post: 1974720, member: 108658" Looked at the americase ones, I may have missed the ones where you can cut out to fit
[/QUOTE]

Mine is the Aluma trans double rifle. I don't load them as the website depicts and I cut out the foam separator to fit only my Steyr. I'm on the road now with an M70 and 20 ga in it. Will try to remember to post a pic later so you can get an idea.

Heads up; it appears the screw locks may be an upgrade you can ask for these days. With screw locks, nobody can open it without the key, without destroying the case. It is the ultimate in security. If you are prone to losing keys, get spares made.

Love my Pelican's, but I saw Plano had similar ones that were $80.00 thought I'd buy one and at least try it (Bought 2)
for that amount.
Wished I would have bought 10. they are awesome! but they seem to be about $120-$150 now.

I am not trying to change your mind here, but I have 7-8 Pelican cases stacked up in my lower shed collecting dust. My friends are in the same boat. Of coarse you cannot fly with these, but for most travel-range trips these cases are 10 times easier to use.
You can say they wont survive a vehicle rollover, which I agree, but in that case you have bigger issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.