case spinner

Im not sure which spinner they were refering to, but the only one im aware of is Vern Juenke's.
You can contact him at:

THE ACCURACY DEN
Vern S. Juenke
25 Bitterbrush Rd., Reno, NV 89523; (702) 345-0225

It essentially spins the case or bullet around its vertical axis, and measures the imbalance of the bullet or case being measured in deviation units.
Hold onto your wallet though.... they are steep. $840 last I heard.
I know its repeatable, the same bullet will measure the same number of deviations every time so it is measuring something. Variations in case wall thickness or bullet jacket thickness, combined with how out of round the object being measured is....but im not sure its ever been proven that the bullets that tested best always shoot the best. On the other hand, some of the top guys in the 1K BR game sort bullets on this machine, and some spin brass as well.
Who knows!

[ QUOTE ]
Not wanting to hijack the post this came up in I have made this post to get info on case spinners.3sixbits, others ,which ones ?
Thanks, Jim

[/ QUOTE ] jimm: The NECO is the way to go for the guy on a tight budget. It's a vary good tool and easy to use. I have spun many thousands of cases on mine these past 11 or 12 years.

OOPS!!
different kind of "spinner".
Never heard of a concentricy gauge refered to as a spinner... I guess im behind the times. The one I was refering to is something else, completly different. Its usually used to sort brass or bullets by variation in case wall, or jacket wall thickness for loading.
Concentricy gauge is something else entirely...
The neco is great. Theres also one made by sinclair, and rcbs. I love my Neco.

[ QUOTE ]
OOPS!!
different kind of "spinner".
Never heard of a concentricy gauge refered to as a spinner... I guess im behind the times. The one I was refering to is something else, completly different. Its usually used to sort brass or bullets by variation in case wall, or jacket wall thickness for loading.
Concentricy gauge is something else entirely...
The neco is great. Theres also one made by sinclair, and rcbs. I love my Neco.

[/ QUOTE ] What that machine does in the enginering field is known as Eddie current. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.