Carbon Fiber Tripod - Recommend me a setup

I was assuming if going RRS, you would opt for the Anvil 30 ball head witch accepts Arca rails.
The shorty is in the package and most likely what I would use on a hunting rifle.
The long version is target, as you can see it extends past the forearm to get bipod out front. Certain amount of cost in these toys, lol
View attachment 237442View attachment 237443View attachment 237444View attachment 237445
Yeah, I'm ok with that.

Man, I am new to this site but you guys sure have some nice gear.

Call @gr8fuldoug at cameralandny and he will get you exactly what you need. I've got their Promaster CF tripod they seek and it's a awesome tripod. I use it for Couesdeer hunting in AZ. I also have the Jim White Tripod head you would purchase from Outdoorsmans. It's a awesome tripod head with QD attachment plates. The new Jim White redesigned head is also ARCA plate adaptor ready.

www.Outdoorsmans.com

www.cameralandny.com

Looks like the RRS TFCT Tripod - TFCT MK2 Tripod 34L w/ Anvil-30 Head is out of stock just about everywhere. I would definitely suggest going with MHS if no sponsor on the forum steps up. MHS is probably the highest volume dealer I could find when I was in the market so they would likely get something in stock ahead of smaller shops. I went direct to RRS for my first tripod and thought they hit me harder than necessary on shipping.
Yeah, if any of our sponsors want to backorder this for me I'll give them the business.

If not, I'll see if I can do it through MHS.

From there, I need to figure out if I want to go with RRS Arca Rails or with the area 419 rails.

Call @gr8fuldoug at cameralandny and he will get you exactly what you need. I've got their Promaster CF tripod they seek and it's a awesome tripod. I use it for Couesdeer hunting in AZ. I also have the Jim White Tripod head you would purchase from Outdoorsmans. It's a awesome tripod head with QD attachment plates.

www.Outdoorsmans.com

www.cameralandny.com
Any idea if Doug can source RRS gear?

If so, I'll definitely give him a ring.

The day is getting long in the tooth on the East Coast. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

FYI, Doug doesn't carry RRS gear. He said it's private and you have to order it directly from them.
Check out the Gitzo Mountaineer tripods. Guys compare them against the RRS all the time. Some swear by the Gitzo and others the RRS. Outdoorsmans guys sell the Gitzo tripods. Great guys to deal with out of the Phoenix area. They also have their own series of Tripods and tripod heads just for the Western Hunter.

Just google "buy RRS tripod", dealers should pop up.
On your comment that we have nice stuff, i don't want to have nice gear, my friends shame me into it, lol
I'm just going to order it directly from RRS.

It looks like MSRP is the going price on their gear since it's OOS everywhere.

Thanks.

I can shoot from general field positions pretty well. I'm not a new hunter or shooter.

I am mainly interested in learning about tripod options to create solid setups in the field quickly.
I have a tripod for hunting it weighs in at 8.5 pounds and takes a few minutes to stand it aquire target and lock it (adjust sight picture). Also have a hunt in western Montana for mule deer and elk 2021. Weight equals pain, done my fair share of road marching / hiking in the Army shedding nine pounds would have been killer. I believe the tripod is a nice option but will I carry it, was taught by are rich uncle how to adapt quickly for shooting. If posting on a hunt you have time to set yourself up a shooting position, spot and stalk that's another story and 8+ pounds of pain?

My wife killed a really nice bull at 712 yards sitting behind a Bog Pod Deathgrip, carbon fiber model, with one shot with my 338 Norma. The picture below is where she shot from
Sonia's Sniper Set-up.jpg

The backorder from RRS is not that long. They are closed until the 3rd of January but after that it shouldn't be that far out.

All of this back and forth on money saving tripods isn't really necessary from your posts that money isn't the driving factor. RRS is the best way to go. The TFCT-24L If weight is more important and the TFCT-34L if height and rigidity is more important. the 34L is a little taller max height and for you at 6'8" it might be worth it for off angle down hill shots. It's 1lb heavier, 3/4" longer collapsed and 2" larger diameter. You get 2" more height and stiffer legs you can lean into harder or side load more. When I spoke with RRS that is what they commented was the biggest difference 2 series to 3. When a big special forces sniper stuffs one leg into a cliff in Afghanistan and then leans hard on the horizontal leg, that is when they see failures. There are no deals from RRS unless it is used or a demo or something like that, ever, not even black friday deals.

I am getting ready to order the TFCT-24L (I'm 6ft and slender)
and this

Though I have toyed with the ideal of grabbing one of the less expensive ones for now then giving that to my son.

Those Javelin mounts are intriguing for a rifle that the ARCA isn't so easily attached rather than the saddle. I don't know if I can bring myself to drill a hole in a highly figured piece of English walnut for that proprietary mount. On my chassis I would rather have the ARCA with RRS Anvil-30

The backorder from RRS is not that long. They are closed until the 3rd of January but after that it shouldn't be that far out.

All of this back and forth on money saving tripods isn't really necessary from your posts that money isn't the driving factor. RRS is the best way to go. The TFCT-24L If weight is more important and the TFCT-34L if height and rigidity is more important. the 34L is a little taller max height and for you at 6'8" it might be worth it for off angle down hill shots. It's 1lb heavier, 3/4" longer collapsed and 2" larger diameter. You get 2" more height and stiffer legs you can lean into harder or side load more. When I spoke with RRS that is what they commented was the biggest difference 2 series to 3. When a big special forces sniper stuffs one leg into a cliff in Afghanistan and then leans hard on the horizontal leg, that is when they see failures. There are no deals from RRS unless it is used or a demo or something like that, ever, not even black friday deals.

I am getting ready to order the TFCT-24L (I'm 6ft and slender)
and this

Though I have toyed with the ideal of grabbing one of the less expensive ones for now then giving that to my son.

Those Javelin mounts are intriguing for a rifle that the ARCA isn't so easily attached rather than the saddle. I don't know if I can bring myself to drill a hole in a highly figured piece of English walnut for that proprietary mount. On my chassis I would rather have the ARCA with RRS Anvil-30
Thank you for sharing all of the info and research. I do appreciate it.

I'm pretty much set on the 34L.

I need to take a look at the VYCE also.