Canine Companion

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. Many people do no realize the love and affection that a dog can bring to your life. I did not read all the pages here but "Maximus" is a good name for a protector! Good luck wit your new pup!
My son is Max and all his friends call him Maximus.

As mentioned before I asked the good people here to help me name our new Aussie. Despite all the awesome contributions we mulled over, one morning the pup was running around the yard and my wife hollered out "Baylee!" and that was it. Sometimes ya just need to spend a little time and it comes to you. That and when your wife is heavily involved you have only so much sway. I have no regrets as it fits her perfectly.

It has been real hard trying to pick a name to fit. There are a lot of good suggestions from all of you.
Everything that I like or come up with Jill is not in favor of. I like military & even names associated with firearms.
"Creedmoor"
NO WAY

We agreed on several.

Then just now Jill said "MAXIMUS" (an earlier name I picked but I'll let her think she picked it).
So 99.9% sure that our new Bernese Mountain Dog with be "MAXIMUS".

By the way the name Maximus is a mythical charter made up in the movie "Gladiator" and not a real person from the Roman Empire, but the name sure does portray a "Strong Commanding" presence.

Last edited:
Well, shoot…some pretty good ideas have already been suggested. I'll throw in this one…..how about "Rogue"? That name has a couple different meanings, but I'd refer to the one that suggests "a loner" or "outcast" which is particularly savage or destructive. Just my 2 cents, Len. Congratulations on the new family addition. What a wonderful thing! 👍
I like "Rouge"

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. Many people do no realize the love and affection that a dog can bring to your life. I did not read all the pages here but "Maximus" is a good name for a protector! Good luck wit your new pup!
Allen
Thanks much.
As you can see in later Posts that Jill came up with the name "Maximus" although myself, you and others brought it up.
There are a few real good names mentioned from LRH members, but Jill may be running our house.
Happy wife-happy life.

I wanted to name my son Maximus James.
Wife vetoed that.

The 2 best canine companions I ever had, were named " fart" and "peanut". 30 years apart.

Fart had the biggest heart, and spirit of any I've seen. Runt of the litter. No fear. Loyal till the end.

Peanut was by far the smartest there ever was, or will be. He know what I said even at a whisper. In his later years, I believe he could read my mind. It only took a thought and a glance and he was on it.

These were animals, that if given the opportunity, I would have gladly laid down my life to protect. Man's best friend is a term that carries great meaning.

Sorry to hear that. Saddens our hearts when a family animal passes.

1696907949062.png

It has been real hard trying to pick a name to fit. There are a lot of good suggestions for all of you.
Everything that I like or come up with Jill is not in favor of. I like military & even names associated with firearms.
"Creedmoor"
NO WAY

We agreed on several.

Then just now Jill said "MAXIMUS" (an earlier name I picked but I'll let her think she picked it).
So 99.9% sure that our new Bernese Mountain Dog with be "MAXIMUS".

By the way the name Maximus is a mythical charter made up in the movie "Gladiator" and not a real person from the Roman Empire, but the name sure does portray a "Strong Commanding

Len, know how you feel. Just lost my Sammy boy yesterday. 14 year old Aussie. He was sitting in the back seat as we were driving down the highway. Tough day for me.
Very sorry for your loss as well.

Recent Posts