Buying new riffle... So many options! Which one!

OCHO505

I am looking to buy a new gun and leaning toward a 300 WM wanting to shoot a bigger bullet 210 plus. I bought a Browning X-Bolt LR but with the mag capacity I am gonna have more bullet in the case than powder (kidding) but its small under 3.5".

Buddy wants to buy it. I have since considered the following but don't know every gun I research has as much bad as good seams like.

I have on the list...
Remington XCR TLR
Remington Sendero
Bergara (something not 14#'s finished)

I had thought of a Tikka T3Lite but with the 1:11 its not gonna work bullet wise. Thoughts on any of these or something I missed? I have a budget of about $2k and I am not opposed to 300wsm or 7mag but I have a bunch of brass and dies for the WM that is why I am leaning to that.

Thanks for the input. I also have a nice VX6HD waiting so looking for something nice to stick it on!

Anyone have any input on their guns? I am looking more into the browning and looks like I can get it to shoot MOA at minimum. I was just concerned that the faster twist rate would not shoot smaller bullets well. But according to browning they have had great success shooting 165 even. Take that for what its worth!

If you can go a little above 2k$, a Bighorn Origin would probably get you there. Takes a savage barrel with barrel nut. Your choice or trigger and stock and you're set.

I had a SA I was building for a PRS rifle. Sold it for a different action. Nothing wrong with it. I'm trying to find a LA now for some kind of future build.

many have had great luck with 1:10 for the heavy vlds. Personally, I have used 210, 215 and 230 Bergers in a rem 700 300wm. Is a nice used custom under 2k an option?

I am looking at same type of build. My gun builder is saying Weatherby Accumark with 190 bergers is it. I have compared Bergaras, Browning, Savages, And Tikkas, but Accumark has everything for $1800. I dont see many Weatherby fans, buy I am leaning that direction. Buddy bought the new Savage 110 Hunter and says its a sweet shooter with great brake, problem is most of these are 24 inch barrels, Weather by is 26inch so for a 1k yd gun, that is a factor for me. Twice the cost of the Savage. Thoughts or experience with WBY Accumark 300 wm?

I would look at doing the bighorn or other aftermarket action, prefit barrel. Might be a little more then $1800 but if you have time can shop around and maybe get some sales coming up too. Give northland shooters supply a call and chat with James.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.