Buy Best of the West Videos - Bighorn Sheep

Nice video Len. I live in Powell which is 25 min away from Cody, and had the pleasure of meeting John Burns in Rocky Mountian Sports. Although he does not do the show anymore, he is a nice guy.

He is a great ambassador for the sport of long range hunting. Many of the members have come here searching for techniques to do the things he has done.

Back in 1978 I built my first long range rifle and I no mentors, just my own experiences and I came up with the same rifle setup (give a little for progress and better cartridges and bullets) that he uses.

I agree with Buffalobob, John Burns has been a great ambassador, for long range hunting. I hate that he is no longer part of The Best of the West, for whatever reason. He was a great host as far as I'm concerned.

The Best of the West is the only outdoor TV show that actually compells me to set the autotune on my receiver, so I don't miss any action. It airs on VS (Versus) Mondays @ 12:30pm CST and on MAN (Maximum Adventure Network) Sunday @ 10:00am, Tuesday @ 7:30pm, Wednesday @ 8:30pm and Thursdays @ 6:00pm CST for those who might be interested.

I met John in Harrisburg in 2007, talked to him at length about the setups he uses and bought both his extreme range video and his three cd instructional set.
That meeting and those videos is what got me interested in long range and led me eventually to this sight.
Nice guy, well spoken, and a good ambassador to the sport.
My first custom rifle will arrive this month.

Sam

Nice video clip. Sounds like a lot of us got into LongRange shooting/hunting after John started the shows and videos. I really think he was the first to legitimize the ethical nature of longrange hunting and that most of us are not out there lobbing bullets hoping they hit a part of the animal, but that we can accurately place long range shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.