Bushnell Elite 6500 DOA 600 sighting in problem

cougeyes

I have read other threads on here about this scope but they are relatively old and wanted to see if there was any new info out there from members on here. I have been struggling sighting in this scope. The manual says to sight it in on 20x power at 100 yards for the DOA reticles to work properly. I got my gun (270 savage shooting 130 g winchester silvertips) shooting a 1 inch group at 100 yrds. Moved back to 200 yards and using the 200 yardage aiming point in the scope, on 20x power and the parralax set to 200 yards. When i shot at this distance the bullets wouldn't come close to grouping, I had my dad shoot as well and the bullets were not even consistently missing in the same area. I called bushnell for further explanation. I just learned (not through them) that this scope has push-pull turrets and a resettable zero once you get the scope adjusted to where you are sighted in at 100. Bushnell told me the DOA mill dots weren't for no "guesswork" or holdover which is BS since that's exactly what they are intended for based on their manual and the video on their website.

My question is what could possibly be causing my gun to not shoot consistently or even group at 200 yards with this scope. I'm assuming the issue is the scope and not the gun. It is a new gun, and two separate shooters are having the same issue. We even put the gun in a shooting vice and at 200 yards it is still all over the place. Is this is a parralax issue? The guy at bushnell told me to not set the parallax to the appropriate distance but rather set it to where the crosshairs are clear and crisp regardless of the distance which goes against what their manual says to do. I'm going to go back to sighting it in on 9x power instead of 20 like their manual suggests. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know i'm new to the board but have been visiting it often without registering. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.