Bushnell DOA 600 Reticle

jedavet

Am thinking of buying a Elite 6500 in 2.5-16x42 with the DOA reticle to play with on my 22-250 but I can't seem to find any information on the subtensions for this reticle.

Does anyone know the subtensions for this reticle?

You know, I bought one the Trophy XLT 4x12 scopes with DOA 600 reticle last week and spent a the next 7 days looking on the internet for the subtensions. Couldn't find it anywhere.

I called Bushnell several times and spent a couple hours trying to ring this information out of them. They said it was "proprietary" information. I tried to explain to them that without know the subtensions, the scope was useless at long ranges because ballistics vary considerably past about 250 yards. They tried to tell me the DOA 600 reticle was so perfectly calibrated it would work with about any cartridge. I told them that was nonsense and that every other maker of such reticles posts the subtensions, ie Burris and Vortex, and they explained to me that that was because their scopes were not as good as Bushnell's.

Well, that was enough horse manure for me. I am returning the Bushnell to my dealer (it come's with a year satisfaction guarantee at least). I replaced it today with a 3x8-40 Viper with the BDC reticle. They clearly list the subtensions on their website, and they have a ballistics calculator that will tell you the specific value of the BDC subtensions for any cartridge. Plus, their zero-resettable dials make the scope very functional at extreme range, and the clarity of the glass is unreal. Very happy with the trade up. I'll never get a Bushnell again.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts