Burris XTR II 5-25 FFP/MOA vs ???

How much are you looking to spend? IMO the absolute best FFP/MOA scope for all applications is the Vortex Razor AMG. It has stunningly clear glass, excellent reticles, and precise turrets. Plus, it's under 30 oz.
I have been behind the Razor and love it, but purpose and budget don't justify the cost on this build. 1100$ max is where I am at. If Leupold offered the 8.5-24x LRP in FFP/MOA, it would be a slam dunk. I'm hoping for that addition to their line in 2018, but have a real shooter that I'm ready to get it's forever scope on. (Running a (6-18x Nikon buckmaster for kid development).

Appreciate all the feedback. Bushnell LRHS doesn't quite meet my magnification requirement. Keep it coming!

My cousin has the 5-25 veracity, same glass as the xtrii. It's a nice scope. I like the scr reticle. I wouldn't trade my 6.5-20 lrp which they make in ffp with tmr reticle.
Personally, I've never found I needed more than 20x. Even for targets at 1k. IMO

Fair question. Haven't run a mil scope yet and most of my dope is memorized in moa...

I'm not usually a glass snob, but the glass in the Burris is pretty much coke bottle grade, they really cut corners there. $700-1000 isn't exactly cheap and you should expect better for that kind of money.

You either got a real lemon and should have returned it, or this is quite an exaggeration. I had a couple national level F-class shooters looking through my 5-25 and they thought it was a fine scope. "Coke bottle"?? This just seems such an over the top comment, as is saying that the scope would have cost a shot at last light. Frankly I have yet to shoot a scope which could not take a shot right up to the last minute of LEGAL shooting hours.

You either got a real lemon and should have returned it, or this is quite an exaggeration. I had a couple national level F-class shooters looking through my 5-25 and they thought it was a fine scope. "Coke bottle"?? This just seems such an over the top comment, as is saying that the scope would have cost a shot at last light. Frankly I have yet to shoot a scope which could not take a shot right up to the last minute of LEGAL shooting hours.

I agree! I have the 4-20 since May 2014 and I am very pleased with it. The clarity is simply amazing for the the price.

On the topic of clarity, IMO what looks great to one person is not so with the next.

If it were me, I'd go with the advice that was given on another scope thread- find the scopes that fit what you are after. Then find a local dealer who stocks them. Take them all outside at last light and try them out.

You may be surprised to find which one actually looks better to your eyes.

Good luck in your search!

Ron

On the topic of clarity, IMO what looks great to one person is not so with the next.

If it were me, I'd go with the advice that was given on another scope thread- find the scopes that fit what you are after. Then find a local dealer who stocks them. Take them all outside at last light and try them out.

You may be surprised to find which one actually looks better to your eyes.

Good luck in your search!

Ron

Exactly! I have yet to see a Coke bottle quality scope though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.