Burris Signature 4x16 44mm-Rattled?

Ronbo7

I am shooting 300RUM w/ break (Recoil not bad similar to 30-06+). Initially seemed to work great, then rezeroing prior to NZ hunt next month elevation and windage seemed eratic to say the least. Has anyone had a Burris get reticle get "rattled" loose? A buddy of mine says he had a similar issue with one on a 325 WSM. Is this typical of these and if so what scope would you guys recommend to take a little more recoil.

i would check the entire mounting system for something loose before blaming the scope. all scope manufacturers will tell you 90% of the scopes that get sent back have nothing wrong with them. you could put a different scope on that you feel is "iron clad" and see if the groups are similar.

I had a light weight 300 WSM break a reticle on that exact scope after about 200 rounds. It is pretty light 7lbs 2oz with sling and scope, loaded. It was mountend in Talley rings and bases.
I put a VX-III 4.5 X 14 X 40 on it and it is still going 300 rounds later.

Burris fixed it with no questions and I still have it, but I have never put it on anything else.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.