Burris rifle scopes

Don't see much information here about Burris scopes for long range shooting why. David
Have one on my Mod 70 30-06 I like it
While we are chatting scopes any opinions on the Bushnell elite 1600 series
I have one on my Sako 30-06 and really like it for the price

I have their Fullfield 3-9X scopes on my short range hunting rigs and the BDC dots are really accurate. Before I got into this LR stuff (haven't really got all set up yet) I'd taken several deer and antelope and ranges up to over 400 yards. The glass IMO is very nice.

Have one on my Mod 70 30-06 I like it
While we are chatting scopes any opinions on the Bushnell elite 1600 series
I have one on my Sako 30-06 and really like it for the price
Sorry my mistake it is a 6500 series, old age lol

I've had a 3-9 Fullfield II on my 270 for close to 20 years with zero problems. Burris and Steiner come from the same outfit in Colorado. If you compare them side by side you can see the family resemblance.

I have used Burris Scopes for close to 50 years. One of the first ones I purchased failed while shooting on the range a week before a 10 day pack trip. I called Burris, talked to the service manager and he asked for my mailing address. He sent me a new scope that I received in time to sight in before the trip. He told me to send the old scope to Burris when I got back from the trip, which I did. A week or so later I got a phone call from the service manager. The scope I sent in was no longer in production and they didn't have parts to fix it. He said that I could purchase the scope he sent me for 1/2 price. I was more than satisfied with the deal and more importantly, he saved my trip. I have never used any other brand on my hunting rifles since then.

Have 4 Burris's - XTR IIs 2 of 5x25, 1 of 4x20 MRADs and 1 - Verocity 3x15. For my eyes, I find them very good glass. Use 1 - 5x25 on a 6.5CM Tac A1, shooting out to 915 M, 18 inch steel, with out any problems. And one on my 300 Norma Christiansen. good out to 600 M so far. Same with my 308 Sporter with the 4x20.
I'm just enjoying Long range shooting, no hunting and really like the Burris for the price.
If I was to go for higher priced scope, would probably go with a Kahles Scopes

Had a problem with my pup chewing one of my scope end caps. Asked Burris if this would be covered by their Life time warranty. They were kind enough to send me out new dust caps!

Last edited:
Don't see much information here about Burris scopes for long range shooting why. David
Bought a Burris eliminator last year. Mounted it on my trusty 270 win. Went to Nebraska on a mule deer hunt. Sited in a 100 yards with less than . 5O MOA . went hunting next day . Scope lost zero some how. Missed a 170 class muley at 300 yards. Shot 4 shots. Missed all 4 went back to range, could not hit a 4x4 piece of cardboard at 100 yards. It would not zero. Luckily l had a second rifle. Sent it back to Burris their " 100 % customer satisfaction warranty. They sent me back a used scope that had been refurbished that looked to be 4-5 years old. Had beat up box and dust on scope. Obviously l was outraged . Sent them a "nice" letter. They sent me a brand new one in a sealed wrapper. This is what should have happened the first time. When a man spends $1500.00 for a scope he expects quality and excellence customer service . I own Bushnell elite, Zeiss, Leupold and night force. All of these companies would have made it right the first time. The Burris eliminator has average glass. The built in rangefinder with ballistic compensation is great when it works.
Save your money and buy a night force. Hands down better construction, warranty, customer and glass superioty.

I picked up a veracity and it blows the doors off my vortex viper HS scopes. Much clearer and better tracking.

I have to agree. I spent the morning at the range today with a Burris 3x15 Veracity and a Vortex HSLR 6x24. The Burris is much cleaner. The Vortex looks over exposed.

Burris replaced a Fullfield II 3-9x with Ballistic Plex reticle for Daughter #1. It was fine at the range but she couldn't hit anything in the field. Took it back to the range and it was shooting 5 feet high at 100.

Have not had any problem with them myself and I have 8 or 9 of them (same model).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.