Burris rifle scopes

Burris like Vortex, Nikon and some others can be hit or miss on quality for their lower end scopes, but also like the others mentioned, their upper in stuff is great.

Just wondering because I haven't seen any posts on them and the majority of people out there aren't going to but 2500 dollar and up scopes. David

I recently added 3x15x50 Veracity scopes to 2 different rifles. I have only shot them a few times, but I am super happy with them so far. My buddy has 1 we just put ok a rifle for him and he digs it too.

I dont have any "good" glass, so to my eyes the Veracity is a very nice scope. The only scope I have that might be better is a VX-6 leupold.

I am taking 1 of the rifles with the veracity on it to the range in the morning for some my first attempt at 500 yard shots with it. Tomorrow will tell me alot more about it I think.

i have a 4-20 XTRII, i post about it sometimes, but i've only shot it to 300 yards so far. it tracks well to hit at 300 and then returns back to the 100 yard zero just fine, but i dont know about longer ranges.

the glass is great, i like the reticle and the cost isnt back. i paid $1100 with tax at a local gun store because i like to support the little guys as much as i can, but you can get them less than $1k online now.

the customer service is great. i'm rough on my equipment and i ripped off one of the scope caps that comes with it, breaking it in the process. emailed burris to see where i could buy them. they responded 10 mins later and asked for my address and i had a brand new set of caps in 2 days. they arent high quality caps, but they fold down almost flush with the scope. i hate the way the burris flip ups stick up.

I always liked Burris scopes for the money. Something to keep in mind though, their Eliminator with the built in range finder; great idea but not legal to hunt with in a lot of places.

I have used a couple of the XTRs and the 1-4x tac models. Never had an issue with them. They are tough and very nice glass. My buddy was in a comp with me and his failed. Something happened to the elevation turret. It got stripped out. Burris replaced it about 6 weeks later.

I have had a couple and didn't have any issues. My buddy had something go off with his
and Burris replaced it without any hassles! They seem straight up to me.

The Veracity is by far the best hunting scope for the money in my opinion, especially if you like lighter weight and FFP.
I agree. I have one on a spare rifle. You cannot and should not compare it to a high end optic, but they are a good value, and compare with the Vortex Viper line. I have a Kahles K525i on my 28, but don't mind hunting with the Veracity on my 7WSM.

A few of the xtr 3 are out on the street now. I'm looking at the 3-18 for sort of a hunting/comp gun hybrid.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.