Burris Eliminator III

Presently, 300 yards. I am planning on traveling to more "wide open plains" as I near "retirement" (had to look that word up, honestly) and would like to have the right tools for multi usage.

I use mine on a tikka 3 243 cal for hunting Coyotes and Deer. It will range Deer at 600 yards in a picked corn feild
It will range a Deer at 700 plus yards in a picked bean feild. Here in Iowa these farmers have pickers that do not leave one bean in the feild. Feilds looks like the moon , so it will range way out there on my scope.
Coyotes in a picked corn feild 500 yards and picked bean feild or short cut pasture 600 plus yards but takes a few more seconds to get the yardage on the reticle to come up. Mine has worked to -20 degrees which as cold as i could stand 6 years ago in ND. At 60 now dont go when its that cold. For hunting you really dont have much time to be a turret turner and it hard see the numbers on turret now that I am 60 years old. Sir to be honest with you this scope is a game changer ! I have a bunch of other guns with Sightron III 10-50X60 scopes on them and you will find you will become a 1 gun man with the Burris Eliminator III 16X POWER MODEL. After 1 year of use I am sure you will sale a couple of guns that you will not use anymore. Plus I leave the Lica range finder in truck , dont need it swinging on my neck anymore.
When you sale them extra guns you will not be using buy the wife something and every one will be happy. ha ha ha. MD

I use mine on a tikka 3 243 cal for hunting Coyotes and Deer. It will range Deer at 600 yards in a picked corn feild
It will range a Deer at 700 plus yards in a picked bean feild. Here in Iowa these farmers have pickers that do not leave one bean in the feild. Feilds looks like the moon , so it will range way out there on my scope.
Coyotes in a picked corn feild 500 yards and picked bean feild or short cut pasture 600 plus yards but takes a few more seconds to get the yardage on the reticle to come up. Mine has worked to -20 degrees which as cold as i could stand 6 years ago in ND. At 60 now dont go when its that cold. For hunting you really dont have much time to be a turret turner and it hard see the numbers on turret now that I am 60 years old. Sir to be honest with you this scope is a game changer ! I have a bunch of other guns with Sightron III 10-50X60 scopes on them and you will find you will become a 1 gun man with the Burris Eliminator III 16X POWER MODEL. After 1 year of use I am sure you will sale a couple of guns that you will not use anymore. Plus I leave the Lica range finder in truck , dont need it swinging on my neck anymore.
When you sale them extra guns you will not be using buy the wife something and every one will be happy. ha ha ha. MD

Thanks for the input. That is helping me decide.
As for selling guns and buying Mama something nice, she's got more guns than me! She'd probably get mad if I did sell!
FYI: I have a Remington Model 700 in a 300 Win Mag I plan on using. It's the 200 year anniversary model, not the pretty polished one but the not so pretty step-sister. I was going to use at range only but why not get it in the field? I have a Timney trigger added and a real nice butt stock cover and sling custom made by a fella in Michigan. The trigger addition was a must as the original trigger and guard broke clean off when I didn't quite have a grip while shooting in a rest; obviously not a good rest and an even worse trigger. Probably get it bedded this spring and start getting serious about "reaching out and touching something way out..."

Ndar15man is exactly right I started shooting with a man from Ohio that mainly hunts groundhogs and he has ranged and killed groundhogs over 500 yards after shooting his rifles at several different ranges i couldn't believe it was that easy! I now have eliminator 3's on 4 rifles and a paramount muzzle loader. If you get one you won't be disappointed

Thank you all for your responses. Another question, if you would be so kind to chime in: do these need long range targets to calibrate? I live in Maine so there are limited areas where I can sight this in over 300 yards so that would be a significant problem for me.
No, but you will need a chronograph and a good ballistic app.

Velocity is not one of the input numbers only drop and b.c. And the supplied drop charts get you really close, but actually shooting gets exact drop numbers.

Yes you need to double check after you program your scope. shoot 5 or 6 shots every 50 yards out to 750 yards. Then once you got it it really dialed in then buy about 500 rounds of ammo or enough ammo to get you to nursing or cemetery which ever might come first. MD

You made a good choice and buy sir. Like I said i am a big fan of the Sightron scope brand. I have ( 4 ) 10-50x60 Sightron lll on Guns and only take them out when I am shooting targets and gongs at 1000 Plus yards plus. I don't use them to hunt with anymore
It's easy to see the animal you are shooting at , it's a whole different story putting the animal on the sod and getting to use your buck knife. This scope does it. Even at 400 to 750 yards most of the time you have split seconds to get your shot off. At 60 I cannot get my turrets set in time , poof .... animal is gone. With this scope 2 maybe 3 seconds ( depending on conditions ) you pull the trigger.
I think you will like the scope. MD

Thank you all for your responses. Another question, if you would be so kind to chime in: do these need long range targets to calibrate? I live in Maine so there are limited areas where I can sight this in over 300 yards so that would be a significant problem for me.
The farther out you can calibrate the better, not sure how accurate of a calibration will be at 300