possible burris eliminator III problem

william101

I took my rifle out for the 1st time in 3 weeks, a remington 300 RUMin a sps model,When I last was at the gun range my groups were perfect center mass of target at 100 yards for my zero. Today right out the gate 2 inchs right of target. Adjusted back perfectly about fifteen rounds later rounds are impacting 1 ince right of center consistently. So Im at a loss. Scope adjusted beautifully From 100 y to 435 yards. I have put about 60 rounds tthrough it. I have leadsled loaded with close to about 40lbs of lead ingots . Has maybe the leadslead instigated something in the scope by being real ridged and not allowing much recoil?? Thanks for any insight.

Right off, I have to state that I despise Caldwell Lead Sleds because toi defy Newton's Law of motion something eventually has to give. I believe you are on the right track.

Closest I ever come to restraining any firearm is an MTM front rest (if there is no bipod) and a sandbag out back.

Burris will stand behind it but I'd refrain from tying the firearm down. Use your shoulder as the recoil absorber.

We have a group at the club who swear by sleds and those that swear at them. I'm of the latter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.