BURRIS DISAPPOINTMENTS

<font color="blue">I am still caught between a Leupold and a Nightforce but I am leaning toward Leupold because of price – I know everyone is all hyped on the Nightforce scopes, but I am not convinced they warrant the added cost, and I do not like the fact that like the Burris, the power adjustment on the Nightforce is the entire ocular assembly, which causes all sorts of headaches if you want to use Butler Creek flip-up lens caps.

A Leupold will have the features I seek (1/4 or 1/8 adjustments depending on model, ability to focus reticle perfectly, and adequate eye relief) but I won't be very happy if the scope starts to choke like my last one did. I am contemplating a VXIII 8.5-25x50 Long Range Target Matte Varmint Hunters – Leupold Part #57185.

I guess, in the end you can not expect much from a $700 Burris scope – sure it seems bright, but resolution and ability to focus the reticle is very important to me.
</font>

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.