Burris c4 or leupold vx2

Iclimb

So let me hear some opinions on the two. Looking for a mid grade dial setup for a 25-06 and a swift. I really have never seen a leupold that wasn't a ***. I have literally seen friends with dozens of broken leupolds. So.... I do like the sleek CDs system and I'm hoping to hear some good things. Wouldn't mind the burris either. I would like accurate tracking. I know I won't get high end clarity with either but I can only afford so many scopes. I'm a vortex fan but they don't offer anything In a 3-9 dial setup.

Vortex compact/light 2.5-14 with low dials (even high turrets) would be ideal.... HELLO VORTEX!

ill go just the oposite. Ive had more burris problems then any ohter scope even if i factor in my early days and the cheap bushnells and tascos i had. On the other hand i own over a dozen leupolds and had one sent in for repair because i dropped the rifle right on the objective lenes and bent the tube. Even admitting fault for it they gave me a new scope free. Other then that theyve never let me down. Comparing optics if you compair the burris fullfield to the old vari x II models the burrnis wins hands down. compared to the newest version of the vx2 it has gone the other way and the leupold has the better glass but you have to factor in that a new vx2 is going to set you back a 100 bucks more so a better comparison is the newest vx1. they now have fully mulitcoated lenses and click ajustments and the couple i have do better in low light then my burris fullfields. Bottom line other then what youve seen many will critisize the leupolds especially the old ones for being overpriced for the optical performance but its rare to see anyone ever bad mouth how rugged they are. They are the realiability standard others are measured by. By the way i too used to complain about the optical performance of the old vari x II but today the vx2 is a vastly different and better scope and the vx1s are in my opinion the best 200 dollars youll spend on a scope.

It very well could be that these were older Leupold's. I know of a dozen at least that have been sent back in because they will not hold a zero or track remotely close. One we just got back and they must not have done anything to it because it suffered the same problem upon return, even changing the power causes it not to return to zero. It's more than turned the owner away from them for good. Like I say they might be older and I don't know how they're taken care of. These experiences are what scares me away from the Leupold! I will admit they are crystal-clear to my eye (the newer ones). One of the older vx II's I compared to the Nikon Buckmaster fell short... I guess I'm not as concerned with the clarity, I'd put accurate tracking above it for this purchase.

If tracking is your biggest consern if i were you in the 200-300 dollar range id take a hard look at weavers and there sister scopes the nitrex. Ive shook my head at how accurately they track and return to zero. Lense quality is good not great about comparable to a buckmaster or newer vx1. Go to natchez. there closeing out nitrex scopes and there dirt cheap for what your getting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts