Bulzeye PRO

wondering the same thing. talked to the guy and it sounds great. figured i hear "the skinny" on here by the time i might buy one.

I'm, working with Bill Roque right now on a Burris 3-12x LER optic now to increase magnification, without losing FOV and decreasing FOV. He's also sending me a power booster for my Kowa Highlanders. Nice product as far as i can see.

Distributor, how much increase in magnification does your boosters give you, what models do you have and what x are they 2x 3x etc.?

I have two of the first models and been using them for two years. Work absolutely great. Super clear, require refocusing though.

If you are wanting more power and yet retain MOA instead of going from a NF 5-22 (100 MOA) to a 8-32 (60MOA), stay with the 5-22 at 100 MOA and add a 3X converter.

BH

my understanding of these things is that it won't change a mil or moa reticle values. it just brings everything closer. correct?

I had one of the early (shiny machined metal with sharp edges) models on a NF BR 12-42x for a short while. It worked... but for whatever reason, with these scopes, my eyes requires me to screw the scope eye piece (focus) almost all the way in to begin with, even with a fresh prescription. When I added the Bullzeye piece, I had to screw the focus in even further, and ultimately, there wasn't enough adjustment to get a perfectly clear image (for me). Strike one.

Then it also seemed to shorten up the eye relief considerably. I tried shooting with it anyway, thinking what a great boon this would be on top of the 42x I normally run that scope at all the time. Boom - WHACK! I thought to myself, "Dang, I didn't think I was crowding the stock that much." Strike two.

I made sure for the next shot to scootch back enough to be able to just barely be able to see any 'black' inside the scope tube. Boom - WHACK! This time... well lets just say the words coming forth probably would get me in trouble with Len here. I had a nice cut on my nose from that sharp machined edge on the eye piece, and thats even with an 18lb. .308 running 155's (not *that* much recoil). Strike three.

I removed the lense, cleaned the remaining blood off of it :rolleyes: called up the seller and explained what had happened. He was quite the gentleman about it, took it back no problem. From the sounds of things, I wasn't the only person with some reservations about the sharp metal edge. I noticed the subsequent generations got the rubber cover and a nice *chamfer* on that blasted eyepiece.

I'm kind of half-ways considering trying one on my NXS or on a Weaver T-series scope. I'd like to use one on the BRs but the eye focus issue is still there.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.