Bullets With Grooves

OH there's a flag, unnecessary roughness!

Also I work in the aftermarket parts industry I'm 100 percent sure that the real creedmoor of the auto world is the toyota tacoma. Did you know they can climb a vertical rock face towing a skidsteer while doing 0-60 in 3 seconds at 30 mpg?

Maybe if we put a tacoma in a lathe and cut grooves it'd turn into a real truck.
Grooves or Drive Bands , Drive Bands sounds more appropriate.

The only thing you might find different about Hammers and your reloading practice is they might like a bit more neck tension. Depends on the brass and dies. 3-4 thou usually seems pretty good. I generally start with 2 thou and go tighter if the gun tells me to. Also you will find that the Hammers will do better with powders on the faster side for the bullet weight and cartridge. Kinda depends on the powder, but generally.
Thank you for the pointers! I use the old Lee Factory Crimp die where you just kind of guess at the tension, really. The only issue I've run into with SOME (but not all) Hammers is they will tend to flip sideways at about a 10 or 12-degree angle using this crimp die if I try to seat them out to within .050" of the lands because it's trying to form that factory crimp on that radiused band, which is pretty slippery. When the crimp is going to be on the bands, I just skip it now. Hasn't seemed to really hurt accuracy any noticeable amount.

There is some thinking that anular bullet grooves might reduce skin friction - like what happens when laminar flow turns into turbulent flow because of changes in boundary layers. I am guessing the anular grooves interupt major boundary layer changes that would make for turbulent air flow. I have never seen a real pointy hi BC match bullet having anular grooves (yet).

I hate it when an informative thread turns ugly between guys. My only suggestion is that if you don't like the content or you don't like a comment that was made, simply go and hit "ignore thread, or unwatch" or "block" that person who is being caustic.......instead of bringing its ugly to the entire thread!!! That's my .02c worth.