Bullet Weight For 22-150

I don't know about the 1:12 twist rate, but my 1:14 uses 55 grain Nosler ballistic tips or Hornady V-Maxes very nicely. The 52 grain target bullets are slightly more accurate, but do not have the explosive power when hitting ground squirrels. The accuracy of the V-max and Nosler bullets seem to be about equal. The rifle likes both bullets and finds the Sierras within the accuracy range I need, although their accuracy is a bit lower. I buy whatever is on sale, but load no more than 250 at a time due to minor barrel erosion between loads.

The bullet is seated out just a small amount with each loading; that way, they stay .010" off the lands. Why do I use .010? The rifle seems to like it, it gives me the accuracy I need out to 300 yards, and I hate dinking around trying to gain that last tenth of an inch in accuracy. I would rather shoot than spend hours at a bench trying to achieve un-needed accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.