Building 22 BR for 75-80gr bullet questions

65WSM

I have not ordered a reamer yet. How much are you turning off the necks? What would you recommend for a neck?

I have Lapua 6mm BR brass new in the blue box. I have a 6mm BR Redding Full length bushing die. I will use a Wilson "BR" neck size die for routine sizing an a 22 BR labeled Wilson seater with VLD stem. The barrel is 28 inch 8 twist Bartlein Blank. I will turn brass with a K&M hand tool.

I have not ordered a reamer yet. How much are you turning off the necks? What would you recommend for a neck?

I have Lapua 6mm BR brass new in the blue box. I have a 6mm BR Redding Full length bushing die. I will use a Wilson "BR" neck size die for routine sizing an a 22 BR labeled Wilson seater with VLD stem. The barrel is 28 inch 8 twist Bartlein Blank. I will turn brass with a K&M hand tool.

I haven't kept up with Lapua brass and I used Rem brass for my 22BR and have reamer and lifetime supply of Rem cases. Mine is also tight neck and I use Wilson dies.

I really hate to give bad advice on neck since I have kept up with that brass. I would call Pacific and see what they say about neck dia.

Sound like nice rifle when it's finished.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.