Bullet Puller?

I really contemplated getting the PMA bullet pullers but they are a bit $$. Also Frankford Arsenal came out with one called the pile driver.
Has anyone used the pile driver?

My Lyman inertia puller came with two different sized shellholders for standard and magnum so no issue there but I still prefer to use it to break neck tension then pull with RCBS collet. I like to get the pulled bullet as close to being like new as possible and this works for me. I haven't tried using the shell holder in the inertia puller, know about it but just haven't gotten around to it since I don't use the inertia to fully pull bullets.

The aspect overlooked is when you pull with the collet you have full control of the powder in the case and it is not being cross contaminated with anything still left i n the inertia puller. Some place foam at bottom to protect bullet tip but that is where powder can get wedged up. I like just taking the pulled brass case out of the shell holder and pour the powder out for reuse.

I do not have the time to read through 5 pages of responses but would caution you on the grip
-n-pull

My experience with it is it damages the bullets. Not enough tension and you scrape the jacket of the bullet as it slips from the tool, enough force to hold the bullet and it crimps the bullet making indentions in them. I mandrel my brass and use a light kiss from a FCD so I have minimal neck tension for the record...

I use the inertia puler with great results. However, I use very little tension on my bullets. As far as damage to the bullet tips...I glued a small piece of rubber to the bottom of the portion that catches the bullet when I whack it and I get a bullet with no damage to the tip.
I have to ask............what the heck is your avatar?

First off hello, it has been several years since I posted here. I started shooting and reloading again and have been out of the loop for quite a while. Boy have prices gone up! Anyway, I have a Forster Collet Bullet Puller. I am trying to source a few collets for it and I am having difficulty. I'd like to have collets for .22 cal, 6 mm, 6.5 mm and 7 mm, 30 cal I have. I was thinking of scrapping the idea and buying a Grip-N-Pull puller, but the reviews weren't impressive. I have an intertia puller, but like the collet pullers. Any help is appreciated, go easy it's my first time posting in a long time.
I have the Hornady Cam lock bullet puller and love it. I don't know what anyone would say negative about it. It is miles beyond the inertia types. I use it from 9mm to .270 and it works fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.