Bullet puller

Gray R

Hey guys I'm at the bench and my press mounted collet puller gave up the ghost which didn't bother me cause it was slow and a pain in the butt. So I broke out the mallet and this thing sucks too. I'm aggravated enough I'm tempted to lose the brass and barrel life and go shoot about 70 rounds as fast as so can so I don't have to sit here and do this. Sorry to rant my question is what pullers do y'all
Find to be most convenient? Thanks

I use the RCBS press-mounted collet puller. Works fine for me. Time consuming, but the bullets are perfectly fine to use again later.

Hornady Cam Lock is the quickest and easiest to use. Set, pull lever, pull bullet, release lever and remove bullet. Real simple, no screwing down tight, or pounding on a hard service. Bullets still look like new.

I have a Hammer type I have used for years. Bangs up nose of bullet and you have to dump and sort the bullet and powder. Is hard to pull light bullets from cases. I got a Hornady Lever Lock. It gets my vote also. With the lever cam action it shoves the fingers in and locks the Bullet in the collet, As you pull on the press handle the taper of the collets pulls the collet tighter if needed to pull the bullet. Bullet is in unmarked condition and the powder is in the case for easy removal.

The rcbs won't stay tight it always spins when I tighten the lever and the screw on the locking ring stripped so I can't tighten it. And the hammer is miserable the back piece that holds the shell in place requires tightening at least once edits
The bullet comes out. The grip
And pull looks promising though

I too use the RCBS collet puller, had it for years and never had a problem with it. It is slow to use, I agree.
I can't even fathom how you managed to strip the threads, if you're tightening the collet that much you must be damaging the bullets.

Cheers.
gun)

No sir not the threads on the body of the puller. The black ring that holds the body in place has a gold colored screw that tightens. I stripped that gold screw so I can't seem to lock the body in place

No sir not the threads on the body of the puller. The black ring that holds the body in place has a gold colored screw that tightens. I stripped that gold screw so I can't seem to lock the body in place

Buy a different die nut then! Lee nuts fit and dont even have a lock nut in them but do use an O-ring to hold them

I too use the RCBS collet puller, had it for years and never had a problem with it. It is slow to use, I agree.
I can't even fathom how you managed to strip the threads, if you're tightening the collet that much you must be damaging the bullets.

Cheers.
gun)
That's what I was thinking...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.