Bullet Puller - reusable

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by 270yotekiller, May 22, 2007.

1. 270yotekiller

270yotekiller Well-Known Member

I loaded a few rounds .5 grains over maximum (scale wasn't calibrated) so i need to yank these bullets out, my question is can i reuse these bullets?

2. demarpaint

demarpaint Well-Known Member

If you use a good bullet puller you can reuse the bullets. However according to a BR shooter buddy they shouldn't be used for competition.

YMMV,
    Frank D

3. killahog

killahog Well-Known Member

If you are reloading for a 270 .5 grains over max will probably not be a problem If you search several different loading books you will find a difference in what (max) is. In fact you might just want to shoot them for a group. to answer your question rcbs sells a kinetic bullet puller it looks like a big plastic hammer and you can reuse the bullets .

4. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

[ QUOTE ]
    If you are reloading for a 270 .5 grains over max will probably not be a problem If you search several different loading books you will find a difference in what (max) is. In fact you might just want to shoot them for a group. to answer your question rcbs sells a kinetic bullet puller it looks like a big plastic hammer and you can reuse the bullets .

[/ QUOTE ]

+ 1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. oldfamily

oldfamily Well-Known Member

if you are worried about messing up the tips of the bullets, place a new clean foam ear plug in the bottom of the puller.

6. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

a hint about the kinetic (plastic hammer type) pullers, take the o-ring with the three jaws out and put it in the drawer of stuff you never use and use a sheelholder.
    JS