Bullet for .308

I just acquired a custom built .308 with a Defiant action with a 20" 1:9 twist barrel. I know the common twist rate for a 308 is generally 1:10. I'm gonna use this gun for whitetail deer and hogs. I have a suppressor that I will run sometimes. What bullet recommendations do ya'll suggest? I have a few boxes of Remington 150 gr core-lokt tipped. I would also like to see how far I could stretch it out on some target shooting.
All above recs are good. Core-lokt are good bullets. If you don't want them, PM me about buying them. Personally, I favor 150 Accubond in non-magnum 30 cal.

Glocklover72 - I wish you were closer. I would let you try the factory ammo I have to see what works best. Although, you will probably find the Corelokts will work fine.

Mike D Texas - you are getting near 300WM performance from your 308win with almost 25 gr less powder. I'm impressed!

Glocklover72 - I wish you were closer. I would let you try the factory ammo I have to see what works best. Although, you will probably find the Corelokts will work fine.

Mike D Texas - you are getting near 300WM performance from your 308win with almost 25 gr less powder. I'm impressed!
This gun has always run on the fast side for what it is. I normally run 175 Bergers at 2800 fps and no pressure signs.

I have run the 168ABLR over 2960 with CFE223 powder.

I'm not planning on trying to harvest over 125 to 150 yards…..where I hunt here in Southeast Texas there is not a lot of areas for a long range shot. My main concern was the barrel twist when I wanted to stretch it out at my local gun range
At that distance about anything should work out of a 308 on deer or hogs. I wouldn't even be real concerned about chasing accuracy. 1.5-2moa and some sort of expanding bullet, and you'll be stacking dead animals.

How fast is that 208 moving at 950?

My .308 with the 208's is going 2400 fps. During load development I got to 2520 but the 2400 load was one ragged hole, so I kept it. That is a 20" barrel.
According to my calculator, should be about 1400fps at 950. Did you recover the bullet? Still getting good expansion? I love seeing reports of bullet performance near minimum expansion velocities.

According to my calculator, should be about 1400fps at 950. Did you recover the bullet? Still getting good expansion? I love seeing reports of bullet performance near minimum expansion velocities.
Sorry, at 950 yards I'm going about 1521 at 7K elevation. It still has just over 1000 ft pounds and with the ELDm it expands fairly well (from bullets I have gotten out of clay at that distance).

I just finished building 2 different 308 rifles. One loves the Barnes 137grn TTSX running at 3125fps. great deer and hog round. The other is running Hammer Hunters 174grn at 2945fps. Dropped a bear last month without a problem. Funny I have built and worked with many different rounds and settled back to the 308. Have fun.
Holy smokes!! The fastest I can get a 175gr projectile to run is 2567 (and I ain't ever doin' that again).

What powder are you loading with?