Building a Volquartsen .17HMR opinions please.

Congrats, that gun of mine is so much fun.

So in your state they figure your murderous rage will subside in only 230 more hours? :)

California regulations

It gets better Len. The clerk at the gun shop asked me what kind of a gun safe I owned as I am filling out forms for my "assult" rifle. He approached with yet another form that demanded I bring my gun safe into the shop (seriously) to be examined to make sure it was in compliance.
As I was unwilling to do this, I had to fill out an affidavit stating that the safe was: 1) Compliant with California regulation, 2) Was penmantenly staionary and affixed to the foundation of my home or floor, 3) Provide a dated reciept, 4) List the make & model of safe.

Thank God the Democrats are looking out for our safety.

just wanted to chime in a say good choice with your gun.

it is one of my most fun guns to shoot.

I have a the volquartsen 17hmr, carbon wrapped barrel with the forward blow comp(replaced the original comp, and it does have less perceived noise to the shooter), it sits in a turner barracuda stock with a leupold vxIII 4.5-14, I also bought the KID trigger for it because I wanted a lighter pull than the factory one had.

it shoots good with hornady 17gr stuff. I've shot almost all the 17gr ammo, but haven't shot any of the 20gr. I'm curious if it would shoot it.

as far as shooting coyotes, go ahead, but you may lose more than you get; unless you are head shooting them. we've made some good shots on a couple dogs and lost them before we quit carrying them yote hunting.
squirrels, now that's another story! its the perfect medicine for the sage rats in your state.

have fun, and sorry you live in cali...

It gets better Len. The clerk at the gun shop asked me what kind of a gun safe I owned as I am filling out forms for my "assult" rifle. He approached with yet another form that demanded I bring my gun safe into the shop (seriously) to be examined to make sure it was in compliance.
As I was unwilling to do this, I had to fill out an affidavit stating that the safe was: 1) Compliant with California regulation, 2) Was penmantenly staionary and affixed to the foundation of my home or floor, 3) Provide a dated reciept, 4) List the make & model of safe.

Thank God the Democrats are looking out for our safety.

I can't beleive this. Your welcome to move north in Oregon. Might as well alot of Californians are flocking up here just because the cost of living is cheaper.

Do they really think they are going to "idiot proof" the world with all these regulations? Or simply make it harder to get firearms, to the point of impossiblilty.

I can't beleive this. Your welcome to move north in Oregon. Might as well alot of Californians are flocking up here just because the cost of living is cheaper.

Do they really think they are going to "idiot proof" the world with all these regulations? Or simply make it harder to get firearms, to the point of impossiblilty.

That's exactly the plan!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.