Budget Priced Range Finding Binocs?

Tony Fontanesi

Hi All - Newbie here. I've been using the forums for months to increase my knowledge (I'm an archery hunter who's always shot rifles, but just getting in to longer range hunting) and I now have a question for y'all: Looking into budget priced range finding binoculars. Budget is around $1200 (Swaro EL's and Leica Geovids are outside of my reach). Any suggestions?

Just received my hunting catalog from Bass Pro/Cabela's and there were a few in it within my budget. The Sig Kilo 3000 BDX and Vortex Fury HD's are both $1200. There are also 2 options at $1000. The new Cabela's CX Pro HD and the Nikon LaserForce 10x42. Anyone have any experience or preferences? Anyone know who manufactures the Cabela's brand?

Thanks!

I run the Fury's from Vortex and am really impressed. The glass quality is plenty good for my needs and the range finder has been great as well.

Having a pair of rangefinding bino's has really made the difference for me. I have connected on 2 animals passed 400 yards that I would have likely missed my opportunity on if I was still use regular binos and a separate rangefinder.

Also - using a tripod has greatly increased my effectiveness, both in spotting game with the binos and getting ranges.

I've been using Zeiss Conquest HDs the 5 years and love. They do great in low light and have been very impressed with them. My buddy had the Swarovski SLCs and we couldn't tell any difference between them and the Zeiss's in low light when we have been scouting/hunting.

idcwby

Go to CameralandNY and look at their Leica Geovid binoculars. Right now you can get a demo set of 8X42 for $1050 or 10X42 for $1600. These are the non-HD glass but still very good glass with a great rangefinder.

I too have the Fury. I've been really happy with them but the Sig bluetooth integration to a kestrel would sway me that direction if I was buying today. I've not looked through the Sig so that could change my opinion but I like that feature.

It's our pleasure to discuss options and special pricing with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Doug

Tony, the best set I ever looked through were the Leicas. A guide on a trophy mule deer hunt had them and they were flawless. Perhaps you could find a set on sale or lightly used. Good luck

Hi All - Newbie here. I've been using the forums for months to increase my knowledge (I'm an archery hunter who's always shot rifles, but just getting in to longer range hunting) and I now have a question for y'all: Looking into budget priced range finding binoculars. Budget is around $1200 (Swaro EL's and Leica Geovids are outside of my reach). Any suggestions?

Just received my hunting catalog from Bass Pro/Cabela's and there were a few in it within my budget. The Sig Kilo 3000 BDX and Vortex Fury HD's are both $1200. There are also 2 options at $1000. The new Cabela's CX Pro HD and the Nikon LaserForce 10x42. Anyone have any experience or preferences? Anyone know who manufactures the Cabela's brand?

Thanks!
Go for a Leica

Love my Leica 10x42HDs. They are super clear and ranged accurately from known distances out to 830 yards. Probably accurate past that, but that's the only targets I had known distances for. They also have a ballistics program in them.

Leica's are awesome until you need service. Do a search on Leica Customer Service and you will see how they treat their customers.

After the fiasco I had with a pair of Geovids, I got rid of every Leica product I owned and replaced them with Swarovski.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.